Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.3 Mouse sensitivity and screen saver issue and clipboard

Justin Tremblay
I had noticed this behavior on an earlier build (1.4 I think), but recently paid for 1.7.3, and it's still here. My set up is a Mac with OS X 10.10.3 as the server and a Windows 7 as client. Whenever I switch to the PC, the pointer is VERY over-sensitive, it takes a bit of effort to accurately point at things! I've tried adjusting the mouse pointer sensitivity on both OSes and it doesn't seem to help. FWIW, the sensitivity is set to a comfortable level on the Mac (and Windows when using a mouse plugged into it.) Also, "Synchronize Screen Saver" has never worked for me. I unchecked it in the server, and now the PC will turn off the monitor as needed (my preferred behavior), but it also occasionally does this weird thing where the screen goes dark, says it's about to go to sleep, goes off, then comes on again and immediately says it's about to go sleep. Over and over. I have also noticed problems with inconsistent clipboard sync. It's hard to reproduce the behavior, sometimes copy/paste works as expected between the server and client, but not always, and when it doesn't work it can take a few tries to get it.
  • 4 weeks later...
Valor Poland
I have the same issue-- The Mouse speed synch is fine until my Mac Server goes to sleep -- upon waking, the client mouse speed is about 10x what is was. The clipboard sync checks every second (I think), so I would just pause when going from one computer to another, and that would usually copy the clipboard fine. I've had this mouse speed issue with the following setups: Server - Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10 (all subversions) Client - Windows 7 Client - Mac OS 10.10
  • 2 weeks later...
Justin, are you willing to tell us some things about your scenario when the clipboard issue happens? Also does it help to pause a second or more after copying, before moving to another screen? Note: there's some clipboard behavior that has already been fixed for the latest builds, and the 1.7.4 version will be improved quite a bit regarding clipboards. If you're willing to try the latest build, it may already solve your issue. - exact behavior when something crashes/doesn't work - does Synergy continue working otherwise? - minimum steps to make Synergy work again if it closes/crashes/stops - Synbergy log content for each system involved, with logging level set to at least Debug - SSL enabled? - Synergy in "elevated" mode? - size of content copied (exact size in bytes, if possible) - where copied (application, OS, is it a Synergy server or client)? - where pasted? - problem occurs one-way, or both-ways? - if successful in copy-pasting opposite way, does copy-paste the original way then work? - intermittent? - copying plain-text? - are any non-English characters involved? - are any clipboard managers such as Glipper, Glippy, or Klipper running?