Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

beta5 mostly working with macOS 10.13 and Ubuntu 16.04

I had to kill some processes, and (maybe unnecessarily) wipe the existing config files, but it's back and running!

Not quite sure what's going on, but I see two screens for the MacBook -- basically `computername` and `computername.local`

When the MacBook (server?) sleeps, the connection between the two hosts doesn't seem to reestablish. However, simply dragging the other screen and dropping it near the MacBook screen in the GUI seems to reconnect the two.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
4 hours ago, jtls said:

`computername` and `computername.local`

We think there might be a bug where different components report different computer names. Could you send your log?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
11 hours ago, jtls said:

voyager: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-10-31/1086-2017-10-31T16-24-01.log

neptune: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-10-31/1086-2017-10-31T16-23-43.log

These include some bonus issues of the services thrashing around after I got home from work. Noticed sometimes I get voyager.local, sometimes it's just voyager.

Is it working at all right now?

There are times when it works.. but those are less frequent than when it doesn't work. It usually takes luck and finding the right order to restart the services.. and sometimes F12. It was kind of working when I took the logs, but then it stopped.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
15 minutes ago, jtls said:

There are times when it works.. but those are less frequent than when it doesn't work. It usually takes luck and finding the right order to restart the services.. and sometimes F12. It was kind of working when I took the logs, but then it stopped.

We're working on a few bugs to make the service more stable right now. We'll have those fixes ready in a few days.