Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 Questions

I received an email to purchase an early access version of synergy 2.  I have the basic version and after paying for the upgrade I now show a license for Synergy 1 Pro, not Synergy 2. Can anyone tell me why?

will Synergy 2 continue to be open source? I cannot download the source code and deb package does not mention the license. 

Edited by Pablohn
jaap aarts
On 10/10/2017 at 3:45 AM, eages said:

I have a question about the source: will Synergy 2 continue to be open source? And if so, under which license is the source made available?

the synergy-core is and will be open source, but the rest of synergy2 will be closed.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:51 PM, Pablohn said:

will Synergy 2 continue to be open source? I cannot download the source code and deb package does not mention the license. 

no its not, and why do you need the license?

On 10/10/2017 at 5:46 PM, Eric E. Hache said:

*please delete* wrong thread.

sorry, cant i've had the same thing happen to me. i ill hide it.

On 12/10/2017 at 3:44 PM, jaap aarts said:

the synergy-core is and will be open source, but the rest of synergy2 will be closed.

As the synergy-core is licenced under GPL, if Synergy 2 uses code from the synergy core, wouldn't that make Synergy 2 a GPL licenced software too ?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
16 hours ago, NiBZ said:

if Synergy 2 uses code from the synergy core

It doesn't. It's a totally separate code base. Synergy Core is a different binary to everything else.

• Like 1
cattywampus

Hi there

I bought Synergy Pro on 8th October 2017 and was not even aware that there was a newer version that was due for imminent release.  Am I expected to have to pay again for Synergy 2?  

• Kelvin Tran unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 16/10/2017 at 11:27 PM, Cowboy36 said:

Nick it only lets me download the 1.8 and on the invoice it says 11/10/17 does that mean i cant get it till then

Please contact us: [email protected]