Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Repositories for the various linux versions

Vincent Ouwehand
Would it be possible to make repositories to obtain the updated versions. This would make staying up to date a lot easier and make the upgrade/downgrade of the application a breeze.
  • 5 months later...
I agree. Having Synergy ppa's would make upgrading easy and convenient, since upgrading could be done natively at the same time that I do the rest of my upgrades.
  • 2 weeks later...
Colin MacKellar
I had a problem for days because the default repo for Ubuntu wasn't up to date. I updated my Windows installation to 1.7.5 and took a while to discover that I had to update my Linux installation from the .deb file - like this: [code]dpkg -i synergy-v1.7.5-stable-fa85a24-Linux-x86_64.deb[/code]
  • 10 months later...
Red Squirrel

I would love to see this. The latest versions of Synergy have too many dependencies, I have been fighting trying to get it to install with no luck. it's also hard if dealing with different systems because the one built into the repos won't match version. I had managed to get a certain version to install manually across all systems but that version crashes too much. So now I'm dead in the water, I'm even contemplating designing a hardware based solution because that is easier than dealing with dependency hell.

Basically I'm trying to do multi monitor but with separate systems so that I can have full control over where programs open. Traditional multi monitor is a pain as stuff opens wherever it wants.