Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.3 - SSL problem

João Oliveira
Hi, I have updated from 1.6.xx (don't remember) and SSL is not working. I'm able to connect when I disable SSL, with SSL enabled on both Server and clients I get the below log. Environment: Server W8.1 and three W7 clients. [color=#8040BF]NOTE: connecting to '10.196.122.100': 10.196.122.100:24800 INFO: watchdog status: ok ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to connect secure socket NOTE: disconnected from server NOTE: stopped client WARNING: detected application not running, pid=7716 INFO: backing off, wait=2s, failures=1 INFO: starting new process activeDesktop:Default INFO: starting new process INFO: drag and drop enabled NOTE: started client NOTE: connecting to '10.196.122.100': 10.196.122.100:24800 INFO: watchdog status: ok ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to connect secure socket ....[/color]
  • 1 month later...
Phil Schwartz
I have the same issue however, I was using Synergy 1.7.3 with SSL but it only recently stopped working with the same errors: NOTE: accepted client connection ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: client connection may not be secure NOTE: accepted client connection ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: client connection may not be secure Windows 7 server / Mac OSX Yosemite client... the client cycles through connect/disconnect. For the time being I've disabled SSL on the server (w/o any changes on the client) and things are working again. Not sure why it just stopped working recently when I had been using it for several weeks without problems.
  • 2 weeks later...
Normand Bachand
Same problem and solution on 1.7.4. I'm trying to connect a Linux client to a Windows server. I have to disable SSL on the server for this to work.