Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Link @ X/Y Offset

I have three monitors. Two connected to the server, one to the client. I am having trouble moving from the server to the client where the Y value has an offset. Is this possible? (I did search extensively, but it's likely my terms are not correct.) The below configuration works, but does not match how the monitors are physically oriented, leading to a confusing and difficult user experience. [attachment=0]y_is_zero.png[/attachment] [code]section: screens client.local: server.local: end section: aliases end section: links client.local: down(0,100) = server.local(0,61) server.local: up(0,61) = client.local(0,100) end section: options relativeMouseMoves = false screenSaverSync = false win32KeepForeground = false end [/code] This is how the monitors are configured on my desk, but I am unable to get Synergy to cooperate. [attachment=1]offset_y_value.png[/attachment] In case this doesn't make sense, what I mean by offset is that the Y-axis value on the left (server) monitor is 840 when the cursor is at the top of the screen. It does not reach 0 on this display. To reach 0 on the Y-axis I have to move the mouse to the right display. So, Synergy never hands off mouse control to the client. It seems like you should be able to specify an offset for a link but I cannot find anything similar. (If it's up or down, then it's on the y-axis. If it's left or right, then it's the x-axis.) Then, when Synergy processes a MotionNotify it can add or subtract the offset value to test for the edge of screen (0 or 1?) and move the mouse accordingly.
Ben Koenig
You probably found the wiki page already but this is a brain teaser. [url]http://synergy-project.org/wiki/Text_Config#links[/url] I wonder if you can add this: server.local left(0,XX) = client.local [/code] This would allow moving off of the left side of the screen on your vertical monitor in addition to your current config.... maybe? If you get the percentage right it might figure it out and you won't be disappearing off the left edge of Monitor 2. I guess replace "XX" with whatever until it behaves the way you want. That's what I would try!
  • 7 months later...
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
[u]In conf file, following statement is effective[/u] [code]server.local: right = server.local left = server.local[/code] Synergy can connect two “server” displays. By using this feature, you can solve the puzzle. [b]1.Display alignment setting in the server OS[/b] First, In the server settings, alignment of two displays should be changed as follows. [attachment=0]ScreenShot 2016-01-15 11.11.41.png[/attachment] Two red edges in this figure should be connected to edges of the display of the client. On the other hand, [b]two green edges must be connected to each other[/b], in order to satisfy a cursor movement as showed as a handwritten white arrow in Fig.1. [b]2. Conf file[/b] [code]section:links client.local: right(p,100)=server.local(ly2/(ly1+ly2)*100, ly1/(ly1+ly2)*100 ) down(0,100)=server.local( 0, 100 ) server.local: up(0,100)=client.local(0,100) left(ly2/(ly1+ly2)*100, ly1/(ly1+ly2)*100)=client.local(p,100) right(0,ly2/(ly1+ly2)*100)=server.local(ly1/(ly1+ly2)*100,100) left(ly1/(ly1+ly2)*100, 100)=server.local(0,ly2/(ly1+ly2)*100)[/code] Values lx1, lx2, ly1, ly2 are lengths of edges shown in Fig.2, in px. The value p is a percentile of the length of white arrow attached to p, compared with the height of the client monitor. [attachment=1]ScreenShot 2016-01-15 11.11.32.png[/attachment] Supposing three displays have the same size, the same display resolution, and the aspect ratio are 16:10 (0.61~16/(10+16)) , it should be [code] section: links client.local: right(40,100)=server.local(38, 61 ) down(0,100)=server.local( 0, 100) server.local: up(0,100)=client.local(0,100) left(38, 61)=client.local(40,100) right(0,38)=server.local(61,100) left(61,100)=server.local(0,38) [/code] Notice : this configuration also allow the link between the upper side of the display1 and the lower side of the display 2 Test Environment: Synergy 1.6.3, Server: OSX 10.11.2, Client : Fedora 22,kernel 4.2.8-200.fc22.x86_64, gnome v3.16.2.