Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Use two keyboards and mice on two computers simultaneously?

Is it supported now to use two keyboards on two computers simultaneously? I want to use any keyboard at my convenience, together with my mouse connected to my iMac, and the trackpad on my macbook.

My current configuration is a MacBook and a iMac, what I tried just now is:

• Macbook keyboard, iMac mouse, controlling iMac (Working)
  • Macbook keyboard, Macbook mouse, controlling iMac (Working)
  • Macbook keyboard, iMac mouse, controlling Macbook (Not working)
  • Macbook keyboard, iMac mouse, cursor on iMac, typing on iMac (Working)
  • Macbook keyboard, cursor on iMac, move the cursor to macbook's screen using iMac's mouse (Not working)

Another problem is: it does not detect currently focused screen correctly, I cannot type on iMac while keeping my cursor on my Macbook.

GranPaSmurf

I have so little MAC experience I can't address this per beta 4. However, I have read Nick's comment that this will be one of the features of the final Version 2. 

When I was testing beta 4, my setup was Win 10 > Kubuntu> Win 7. With that setup, I was able to use 3 different keyboards and mouse combinations. The server stayed where designated. In Version 2 my understanding is that the server designation will shift to the K/M being used. I'm personally a little skeptical of that one. (don't tell Nick)

But I am puzzled by your last sentence. You want your mouse to be active on computer A while you are typing on computer B? Version 1 does so now. I am doing so as we type. But that is using the keyboard assigned to computer B. The server keyboard would stay with the mouse, over on computer A.

GranPaSmurf

I've still been mulling your idea of having a keyboard working on one computer while the mouse is on another. I wonder if the 'scroll-lock' key would do that for you. Put the mouse cursor on the screen you want, activate the 'scroll-lock' then type on your server keyboard.

Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...