Sign in to follow this  
Donald McAfee

CPU Utilization with 1.7.3

1 post in this topic

Just upgraded to 1.7.3 and my system started notifying me of high cpu utilization by synergyd on the server system. It jumps to about 17% "sometimes" when I move my mouse to the client machine (both win7 64-bit). 17% on this system is exactly one core/hyperthread. When I move my mouse back to the server after about 45 seconds its settles back to near zero cpu utilization. It does this occasionally but I only got it to happen on demand once and that time I clearly saw what I described. (Moved the mouse to the client and it kicked off and stayed there till I moved back.) 100% of one core/hyperthread seems excessive for what synergy is doing. steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have the same issue. There seems to be a pattern to this issue. The CPU spike seems to only happen when the following conditions are present. 1. The client cannot communicate with the server. Usually because I am not connected to the home network. 2. The client GUI has not been launched 3. The client is not hidden to the notification bar. The moment I load up the GUI or "Hide" it to the notification bar the CPU usage drops. I am able to replicate this problem by rebooting (since synergyd starts on reboot). As long as I don't load the client GUI CPU will average about 40% to 60% for synergyd. This started when i upgraded to 1.7.2 No solution found yet other than hiding the GUI to the notification bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this