Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multi Monitor Support

JosephJoestarGuy

JosephJoestarGuy

I was wondering if Synergy 2.0 plans to have client monitors themselves be moved around instead of the entire machine. I have my Windows inbetween two Linux horizontal monitors and I have to drag across the two monitors at the sides to get to the middle. Will this be planned or is this just a pipe dream? I have tried configs but nothing works just as I want.

GranPaSmurf

It's been kicked around on this forum. If it comes, I wouldn't expect it until Synergy 2.0 is viable and starts getting updates...Synergy 2.1 or .2...

But it would make a great feature upgrade/update! I would jump on it in a minute!

Have you tried stacking your Win screen atop adjacent Linux monitors? as a workaround?

JosephJoestarGuy
On 10/15/2017 at 8:49 AM, KringleKrebs said:

It's been kicked around on this forum. If it comes, I wouldn't expect it until Synergy 2.0 is viable and starts getting updates...Synergy 2.1 or .2...

But it would make a great feature upgrade/update! I would jump on it in a minute!

Have you tried stacking your Win screen atop adjacent Linux monitors? as a workaround?

I have linked a picture of my setup but yea that isn't really an option and its not optimal to my workflow. I am using GPU Passthrough to allow me to play games and run Linux as my native system. Synergy has helped very much with this setup and the way I have it I just take my mouse and throw it to the right but I would prefer having a more natural way of moving from each monitor instead of just LINUX LINUX WINDOWS.

22215070_126641874724168_1738090910_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

We do want to implement this feature, but it probably won't be until 2.2 (mid next year).

• Like 1
JosephJoestarGuy
6 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

We do want to implement this feature, but it probably won't be until 2.2 (mid next year).

Thank you for the response, I really enjoy the software and hopefully that feature is added. Having it flow like a normal desktop would make the argument for GPU Passthrough a lot more easier.

Edited by JosephJoestarGuy
  • 1 year later...