Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Beta? This isn't even a pre-alpha

I get it, it's 5$ and the 1st synergy was good so i was glad to pay just to encourage continued development. But what in the............. did you guys do??? The is at the idea stage not at Beta.....

Look at the picture I took. It looks nothing, or should I say has none of the features you mention already having. No bugs either, which is great, but it also doesnt do anything. 

Ok, im done making fun at this disaster, and I do this because i want you guys to succeed but remember one thing, logitech has stepped on your turf with their MX2. Their mouse does it a lot better, much simpler and the support is included. esentially they are 2x the cost but also give you the best damn mouse on earth.

Just remember who your user base is. I don't think my girlfriend would ever have a need to have a mouse glide from windows to mac to linux with a single stroke. But what she gets mad about is w10 has been dominating the platform, and yet, you don't even think about the edge or corner sticking of windows to split them up.

20171011_015323.jpg

• Like 1

This is not a beta at all! 24 hours laters and still nothing works. I even can't install Synergy 1.8 aymore...

Beware when you install!!! It cost you hours to get back to work again! I'm still troubleshooting since yesterday...

I get green screens in 2 but don't work and now synergy 1.8 is also failed! this cost me $200 already! don't have time for this...

just be hounest and call it Unstable Alpha version and don't say it's Beta!!

Edited by Kimberley
strikemike2k

After following some steps on their troubleshooting post I was able to get my Synergy 2 to work but then was very limited. Due to my unique monitor setup it wasn't feasible for me without any configuration. After putting my computers to sleep for the night, Synergy 2 quit working the next morning. I uninstalled it and reinstalled Synergy 1.8 and thankfully all of my previous configuration remained and I'm back in business.

I'm excited for the new Synergy 2 to function well but I think I'll be holding off until at least version 2.1 before re-downloading.

I quite agree, it is not at all at the level of a paying BETA.

Nothing for configuration, impossible to open the logs ...We canot even give proper feedback ... The app is just a blue screen with 2 computer icons ... If this is for power user, then why you don't include an always visible console so we can troubleshot what's happening ? Some easy to change settings so we could try different configuration and give feedbacks ?

The troubleshot guide is joke : Disable Firewall ... Seriously ? Synergy was meant to simple, .Restart the service, maybe several times ... and pray ?

Here is the warning from the promotion mail :

"Beta versions are unstable, and are not the final product. Please purchase only if you like to try out bleeding edge software that contains bugs.". A software 

Should have been:

"Alpha version does not work for the moment. Please purchase only to get the promotion, but download it later (when it's done ...)"

GranPaSmurf

Hang in there beta testers. Beta 4 should have never dropped. Everyone agrees. It is being seriously rewritten. Beta 5 should show up within a couple of weeks.

Synergy beta 4 is not Synergy 2. it is an incompletely developed test version for beta testers to try and report back about. Many users have 'bought in' to the beta program and stepped back to the stable version 1 waiting for the full version 2 or to test the next beta, beta 5. They still, of course still have a financial consideration for the final version of Synergy 2. It should be on the market about the end of the year.

• Like 1

If beta 4 should have been never released because of all that issue, why not simply removing beta 4 from the servers and make beta 3 for download available again?

This is really dissatisfying!

Merkwürd

I paid $15 :o

Anyway. I installed it on two Windows 10 machines. And it doesn't work. No Settings, no nothing. The tool found both machines and synchronizes the position of the monitors on both ends, but I can't control my notebook from my desktop (dual monitor setup)...what am I missing?! 

Since the positions of the graphics get synchronised.

• 3 weeks later...

How to remove screens? And why left screen is grey but still active?
The greatest thing about version 2 is that every computer can be server! Awesome!!

synergy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
47 minutes ago, Kimberley said:

Install and login, that's it!

Works perfectly! Thanks, Synergy 2 made it so easy now...

Would you say Synergy 2 has made your life more seamless? That's our goal.

30 minutes ago, Kimberley said:

How to remove screens? And why left screen is grey but still active?

We'll be adding that feature in Synergy 2.1 (due in 3 months).

30 minutes ago, Kimberley said:

The greatest thing about version 2 is that every computer can be server! Awesome!!

I'm so glad you like that feature. Could you let me know why this is important to your use case?

19 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

We'll be adding that feature in Synergy 2.1 (due in 3 months).

20 hours ago, Kimberley said:

Oke, I'll wait for that! It's not a problem...

I'm so glad you like that feature. Could you let me know why this is important to your use case?

When the server has to restart, I can switch my usb hub to another pc and work on :) in Syngery 1 I had to wait for server to use computers again...

Would you say Synergy 2 has made your life more seamless? That's our goal.

20 hours ago, Kimberley said:

Yes, but I would like to see "infinite mode" so I can do the same as in Synergy 1 in the config, like you see below. I would like to take the shortcut from left to right screen :) 

section: screens
client-left:
server-middle:
client-right:
end

section: links
client-left:
left = client-right
right = server-middle
server-middle:
left = client-left
right = client-right
client-right:
left = server-middle
right = client-left
end

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
1 hour ago, Kimberley said:

infinite mode

Ah, yes, loop around from the outer most edges? I'll try to get this into 2.1 (due early next year).

• Thanks 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
2 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

Ah, yes, loop around from the outer most edges? I'll try to get this into 2.1 (due early next year).

Would you say this is accurate?

Problem: If a user needs to get from their rightmost edge to the leftmost edge, they need to move their mouse all the way across all screens.

Solution: Allow the user to enable a "loop around" mode which jumps all the way from the rightmost edge to the leftmost and vice-versa.

1 hour ago, Nick Bolton said:

Would you say this is accurate?

Problem: If a user needs to get from their rightmost edge to the leftmost edge, they need to move their mouse all the way across all screens.

Solution: Allow the user to enable a "loop around" mode which jumps all the way from the rightmost edge to the leftmost and vice-versa.

As long as it's optional; this might be a good candidate for a hot-key-on-and-off thing. The feature would drive me insane, but I can definitely see how a lot of people would love it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Thanks!

2 hours ago, jml said:

As long as it's optional; this might be a good candidate for a hot-key-on-and-off thing. The feature would drive me insane, but I can definitely see how a lot of people would love it.

Ofcourse an opt-in function! ;) I love it, not everyone love to see there mouse going crazy :D I go a lot the short way, I'm working fast 

• Like 1