Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Linux (Ubuntu) synergyd crashes on synergy2 startup

Jason Parker

Every time I start synergy2, synergyd crashes.  After than, I can restart the daemon fine, but nothing is ever able to connect.

[rawsocket_transport.cpp:39][send_message] sending message: event
synergyd: /home/synergy/boost/include/boost/optional/optional.hpp:1117: boost::optional<T>::pointer_type boost::optional<T>::operator->() [with T = boost::process::child; boost::optional<T>::pointer_type = boost::process::child*]: Assertion `this->is_initialized()' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

GranPaSmurf

Jason, beta 4 hates all Linux distros. My Kubuntu included. I've backed down to version 1.8 to have Synergy in my systems until beta version 5 shows up. Anxiously scanning the horizon.

That rant out of the way, there are Linux power-users that have figured out how to make beta 4 work for them. Read over the troubleshooting stickies at the top of this forum. Start with this one: 

Keep us updated. Scan over some of the posts that mention a Linux. Lots of hair pulled out. The rumor mill has predicted beta 5 to drop this week, this month, and this year. I'd bet one of those is right. If you just throw up your hands and want a refund,  [email protected]   will respond promptly. But if you just drop back to a stable version, you still have some financial consideration coming when the final version 2.0 is released. 

Jason Parker

None of what I've found on these forums has prevented the daemon from crashing.  Shockingly, however, I discovered while trying to get a better debug trace that running synergyd in gdb stops the crashing.

After an hour of restarting clients and daemons in random order and pressing F12 a bunch in different places, I finally managed to get two systems to go green, and I can move the mouse between them.  With any luck, it might keep working if I don't ever touch anything.

There's still the issue of a system showing up in the list twice (probably because it has multiple IPs?), but I'll ignore that for now.

• Like 1
  • GranPaSmurf featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Nick Bolton unfeatured this topic