Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

It finally broke me

Had to downgrade today because of the lack of a setting to not grab the foreground window. I don't understand how there is no options or any ability to enable debug so that I can help you improve the product. I am hoping you can get some of this stuff fixed in later versions. I don't need a refund as I will be back so please let me know when this turns into an actual beta instead of alpha.

^^^ This. ^^^

I am really displeased with the dumbed down interface and configurability. One size does not fit all. I'm not only downgrading, but seeing the direction of the production, I'm now actively looking for an alternative. If anyone has suggestions, please post them.

I can't tunnel (my computers are on different subnets otherwise unreachable from each other). I posted about this, but received no response. When I move my computers from one area to another (where they are on the same subnet), Synergy v2 doesn't recognize this, even after a restart (v1 did). `killall -KILL synergy2 synergyd synergys Synergy` doesn't help anything. Sometimes the main app refuses to start (despite `kill`ing everything and trying again repeatedly). I can't even force a restart on Synergy services when they're not working. Even assuming working functionality, the product direction makes it totally unusable for my purposes.

Edited by Nick Name

UPDATE: I am now trying ShareMouse (Mac and Windows). Multiplicity, Input Directory, and Mouse without Borders are Windows-only. alternatives.

GranPaSmurf

Well, you are not looking at a new version of Synergy, you are looking at a beta release for testing. But you may be right. The direction is for simplicity and autoconfiguration. My understanding is that the final product will have the capability to make the adjustments you are describing, but they are not there in this testing version.

Version 1 will be around for a Looong time yet. If you have to drop back to have the configuration you need, you still can come back and have a look-see at the version 2 when it hits the market. Though I suspect the product you are wishing for will be about version 2.2.

6 hours ago, Nick Name said:

I am really displeased with the dumbed down interface and configurability. One size does not fit all.

You realize that what you signed up to test IS the automatic configuration module built on top of the open source library.

Honestly people, if you want to tweak and manage, please do so 'till your heart's content: https://github.com/symless/synergy-core

In the meantime, complaining about a beta build of an auto-configuration tool that dropped with substantial defects is...pointless. Please do come back and check in when beta5 drops. You might be super happy.

• Like 1

Finally broke me too.  Multiple reboots, log captures, tweaking, network troubleshooting...still wouldn't connect.  Was painful enough for me that I'm out...switched to  ShareMouse.  Maybe I'll come back when this is out of beta, but I'll be honest...this Synergy experience was...painful at best.