Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

32 bit version?

SO I paid the $5 for the beta as i'm currently travelling and the ip configuration of my hotel isn't allowing me to connect my devices together. great timing.

I have a win 10 laptop, and two atom based windows tablets that i use for a ghetto three monitor setup when I'm on the road.

Both tablets are 32bit only. 

So - I can't even try out the beta as this is my ONLY use case for for it. 

Will a 32 bit version be released? or should I ask for a refund?

thanks

GranPaSmurf

I think we surprised Nick with how many of us still get good use from 32-bit machines. He's promised us support, probably in November. I had to step back to version 1 anyway so now I have my full Synergy Super System back.

If you want your money back they are prompt with refunds:  [email protected]   but I would suggest you consider just stepping back to version 1. Keep your position for financial consideration when version 2 is a fully developed product. From the version 2 beta testing I've done, you will be glad.

If there will be a 32-bit version released then yeah I'll stay on. I like the software and I like my full-fat x86 tablets - great for compatibility and this is the only time the 32 bit OS has hampered me in a meaningful way. being able to use the tablets as monitors makes working while travelling much easier. 

• Like 1
jaap aarts
On 10/5/2017 at 7:51 PM, morriscey said:

If there will be a 32-bit version released then yeah I'll stay on. I like the software and I like my full-fat x86 tablets - great for compatibility and this is the only time the 32 bit OS has hampered me in a meaningful way. being able to use the tablets as monitors makes working while travelling much easier. 

its planned for the release version.

• Like 1

I use synergy v1 for doing configuration on Emerson DeltaV Control Systems.  Guess I will need to wait for the release date as most of these control systems are still running x32.

jaap aarts

also V2 requires a connection to the internet. I dont know what your work environment exactly is, but make sure you've got that. otherwise youll have to use the synergy-core(CLI)

Do I need internet on both systems?  Typically I connect my laptop to the control network through a second network port on my laptop.  Often my laptop is internet connected, but the control network is not.  It is for development systems by the way.

I don't do this on a live plant.

Sounds like this isn't going to work very well for me.  Not that there is anything wrong with synergy1.6.3

GranPaSmurf

Nick, I think it could be a thing, but I would say consider it for a later upgrade. Or option. I'd rather see beta 5 answering a majority of the issues we've seen here for now. Sorry Claria. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 08/10/2017 at 2:58 PM, jaap aarts said:

I think it is required on both systems.

I personaly think symless should provide an internet free option, or have people host their own config server. this would make a lot of things easier for people who have to work in an environment that isnt allowed to be connected to the internet.

@Nick Bolton could this be a thing?

Yeah, we do have this feature planned. It'll probably be in 2.1 now though.