Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy (64-bit Setup Wizard ended prematurely

Maximum Visibility

Maximum Visibility

I immediately get the following error:

Ā 

Synergy (64-bit) Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

SynegyError.JPG

• 11 months later...

Fill in the information below please.
The issue could be any number of things. A lot of these may seem like redundant, it is just part of troubleshooting.

What is your anti-virus program:

Did you right click and run as administrator:

What is your Operating System:

Is your Operating System 32 bit:

Did you uninstall synergy 1 and synergy 2 before you started the installation setup:

If you need help getting the operating system information just ask!

Things to try:
Pause your anti-virus program (norton,mcaffee,avg like to hinder installs which is why I use microsoft security essentials)
Add an exception to your anti-virus program for the install file that you're trying to run (sometimes pausing the anti-virus program isn't enough to stop them from affecting installation files)
Ā 

If you'd like to discord call and share your screen we can do that too.

We are using Managed AntivirusĀ 

I'm no a windows PC 64 bit windows 10

I see no option to run as administrator

I dontĀ have any other versions of Synergy on my Computer

I have anti virus and firewall disabled and it's not helping with Installing

Ā 

It would be nice to share the screen or call

Alrighty, right click the file and there should be an option to run as administrator.

Otherwise right click > properties > compatability > check run as administrator

Let me know!

Is this a workstation operating system? Do you own this computer or is it a business computer?

I ask this because it sounds like your account isn't an administrator or the version of windows you're running isn't a full fledged windows operating system, but rather a cut down version like something you'd see on a tablet.

It's a work computer. I'm the only user and have admin rights. I'm not sure how I would get a tablet version of Windows 10. I'veĀ been using it for a while.

win + r
type dxdiag and hit enter.

Where it says your operating system can you post that line here please. That will shed some light on this xD

Strange, that is a normal version of windows and its the most up to date build (same that im running).

I just fresh installed windows 10 about a month or 2 ago.

I think the development team is going to have to chime in on this.

Under the circumstances you may have better/faster luck making a support ticket and pointing them to this thread so they can see the information that you've listed and what we've already discussed.Ā 

https://symless.com/contact/customer-support?help-option=Troubleshooting+(Synergy+1)

Where is says logs just put N/A and just copy paste your original post text into the description.

Sounds like they'll have you maybe attach an error dump file (idk where its at, but they'll know) and send it to them (they'll likely ask for that after the first initial contact).

I have contacted them about an issue that I'm having setting up my monitors with my setup and it has been over 24 hours so there may be a waiting list considering they're in beta for synergy 2 and i'm sure help is spread thin.

Cheers and best of luck!

• Like 1