Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

hotkey based screen selection

I installed the synergy 2 beta today and was appalled by the fact that first, it replaced synergy 1 so i couldn't keep both in parallel, but on top of that is still severely lacking in features. 

The main feature i depend on in synergy 1 are the hotkey to switch from screen to screen. 

I never use mouse movement to change screen, i disable that right away by not having any monitor directly connected in layout and instead rely on f13-f24 to determine which machine i take the control off (i mapped f13-f24 on the 12 thumbs button on my mouse so its really quick and effective). 

I wanted to give synergy2 a try today after synergy 1 clipboard stopped working (again xD), figured id try the update, welp im going back to synergy 1 until synergy 2 is in a usable state. 

For the record, i was unable to get it to work whatsoever, log are also useless since they get wtf spammed by my 9 other machines on synergy 1.8 attempting to connect to the host xD so i have no idea why the 2 machine i did install synergy 2 on couldn't even share mouse/keyboard, combined with the utter lack of configuration window to work with. 

Anyway, i noticed on roadmap that hotkeys were often requested and you wanted to know what people used hotkeys for, so here it is for me, hotkeys are how i switch from machine to machine. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, jaap aarts said:

synergy2 is really unstable indeed, more configuration will be added after the release. and its indeed not really stable.

for a refund contact [email protected]

im not looking for a refund, im sure it will be perfectly usable at one point or another. Ive been using synergy for nearly as long as it existed so its not like its not worth the money either way :P. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Jey said:

im not looking for a refund, im sure it will be perfectly usable at one point or another. Ive been using synergy for nearly as long as it existed so its not like its not worth the money either way :P. 

no, I totaly understand. synergy doesnt work right now for me either.

just since unusual monitor setups(you've got 12 monitors? I dont know what they mean with unusual tho.) probably wont be supported until mid 2018. config will probably be coming with the release and its still not known what will be configurable.

well, honestly all i need is hotkey to switch machine and im good to go.

Synergy 1.8 works anyway so im in no hurry to upgrade, was just hoping the upgrade would improve clipboard, the rest of the features i couldnt care less about (the cloud stuff, multiple keyboard / server etc) 

GranPaSmurf

Hey Jey,

I'm with you. For a long time, I kinda felt like I owed Synergy for a lot of use that I never paid for. Fantastic program! 

Ver beta 4 didn't like my Linux machine so I, like you and a lot of others on this forum, am back on ver 1.8, waiting for beta5. But, hey devs!, patiently waiting.... don't rush...we can wait...get it right...patiently waiting.

• Like 1
Silentsouls

I am missing the switching by shortcut functionallity as well, I am not always using the other pc's, and someone else might and i hate to accidentilly move to a pc where someone else is playing a game.