Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 Window doesn't open on Mac El Capitan

I installed Synergy 2 but when I click on the application to open the window nothing happens.   I tried the force quit as instructed but that didn't help.  Since I can't open the window I can't send logs from the window.  Are there other logs I should send?

Kelvin Tran
2 minutes ago, Joe C said:

I installed Synergy 2 but when I click on the application to open the window nothing happens.   I tried the force quit as instructed but that didn't help.  Since I can't open the window I can't send logs from the window.  Are there other logs I should send?

What have you tried doing so far? What hardware? Windows or macOS?

With any macOS failure to open the Synergy window, you must open Activity Monitor, and force quit, not just quit, both Synergy and Synergy2. Then the GUI of Synergy should open. I've had to do this sometimes twice. It is a quirk of beta 4 and should not be normal expected performance of it.

thanks for posting this. I am running Synergy 2 between a MAcbook Pro (2016) and an older Mac Mini... and can't seem to get it to launch on either (no icon at the top, nothing happens when I click on the application icon in the Finder, etc). When I go to "Force Quit" under the Apple Icon the application is not listed there.

However, when going to the activity monitor it does appear. I managed to Force Quit from the Activity Monitor on my MBP but needed to restart the MM. 

Synergy 2 does not currently have any icon at the top in the status bar area, unlike v1. Sounds like you may have to force quit the Synergy app not just its services from Activity Monitor too. it has the classic synergy icon for it shown next to it. It won't show in Force Quit (from Apple menu) unless there is a visible window shown.

4 hours ago, Onoitsu2 said:

With any macOS failure to open the Synergy window, you must open Activity Monitor, and force quit, not just quit, both Synergy and Synergy2. Then the GUI of Synergy should open. I've had to do this sometimes twice. It is a quirk of beta 4 and should not be normal expected performance of it.

I am using force quit.  I can see the PIDs of both Synergy and synergy2 (as well as synergyd but I didn't touch that one) so I'm sure they're restarting.  No window pops up.  

For Kelvin, it's a Mac-mini (early 2009) running El Capitan 10.11.6.  I can't upgrade to Sierra due to early 2009 mac-mini not supported.

Edited by Joe C