Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

User Interface

Seriously no user interface !!!!

I just downloaded this and i cannot get it to work. I seem to have a connection but there's no way to set which is the server and which is the client.

One of the fundamentals of software development is a user-friendly user interface and there simply isn't one. 

Please add a user-interface and the following functionality:

• Ability to select which is the server
  • Refresh the connection (could be done with "Apply" on 1.8)
  • Some sort of enable disable so you could have two groups of two rather than all four connected together.

I look forward to seeing a user interface and the significant improvements i suspect are coming.

Troubleshooting Synergy 2 connection issues

Thanks for trying Synergy 2 beta!

If you're having problems getting connected, please follow these steps before posting on this forum.

1. Read the beta4 troubleshooting guide.
  2. Open the log window by pressing the tilde key ( ` ).
  3. Right click on the log and click "Send log".
  4. Highlight the log upload link, right click and select "Copy".
  5. Paste the link into a new thread on this forum.
  6. Please do this for all of your computers.
  7. Let us know which log is for which computer.

Seriously no user interface !!!!

On what flavor of machine? Windows? Mac?

I seem to have a connection but there's no way to set which is the server and which is the client.

F12 button or variation of Alt+F12, Cmd+F12, Ctrl+F12

• Some sort of enable disable so you could have two groups of two rather than all four connected together.

How would one server control those two groups of two machines? wouldnt that be two servers? That might require two licenses and I'm not sure if that's supported in this pre-release beta 4

• Like 1

there is a user interface, its blue withe green/grey screens on it.

to claim server(might not work yet) press f12 in the interface

Edited by jaap aarts
Chris Waldrip

Hitting F12 is totally intuitive... why it was simply the first thing I thought of when I saw the two icons representing my machines. Good grief. Is there at least a simple guide to go with this? I saw a post about other keyboard shortcuts, but they're pretty much limited to make server (F12) and show log (~). Which were determined by the poster by hitting all key combinations.

My Mac is my server, my PC one of my clients. The PC just shows a progress bar, and there's no reaction when my mouse moves in the direction it's located in the window. What's the progress bar mean? How can I configure the client? Give us some documentation, or a UI interface, or even a simple getting started document.

• Like 1

can you post links to your logs? this might help the people at symless to figure out whats going on.

beta 5 will be out in like 4 weeks, it might fix this problem.

Edited by jaap aarts

I have uninstalled the beta and reverted back to 1.8 as it's still in alpha to me. I was going to get a refund but then I would have to pay the full $45 to get it later. I'll probably wait till the beta release and try that and refund if still useless 

• Like 1

This should not even be a release at any level yet. It simply does not work for me. Two Macs both running Sierra can't see one another. One set as the server and still nothing.

Reverting back to 1.8 also. Very strange indeed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ozmo said:

This should not even be a release at any level yet. It simply does not work for me. Two Macs both running Sierra can't see one another. One set as the server and still nothing.

Reverting back to 1.8 also. Very strange indeed.

Could not agree more 

1 hour ago, ozmo said:

Just adding on... What exactly did I pay money for?

a license for the Synergy v2, so either during beta testing or after released you will have access to download it. So it is a full license overall, but those buying now have early access to the beta versions. If I were you, I'd check back in a few weeks and try the beta v5, the v4 is known to have some major issues that are to be corrected very soon making it usable for the majority.

Thanks for the update Onoitsu2. I look forward to the next release and hopefully it will give me something to work with as v4 does absolutely nothing in my case.