Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 License

I have 2 questions about the coming version 2.

1.) I own a "Synergy 1 Basic" Licence. Do I have to buy a new licence, what are the prices, and is it beneficial to buy the beta licence?

2.) Does version 2 fixes, the "AltGr" issue. There a problems with 

Server: Linux

Client: Win10

Works partial (via       altgr = shift, or altgr = none ), i.e. via cmd and windows, but not within putty and wsl (bash on win10).

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Martin

17 hours ago, marsie321 said:

1.) I own a "Synergy 1 Basic" Licence. Do I have to buy a new licence, what are the prices, and is it beneficial to buy the beta licence?

you will have to pay for the synergy2 license, but depending on when you bought it you get something like a discount.

Edited by jaap aarts
Kelvin Tran
On 9/29/2017 at 11:40 AM, marsie321 said:

I have 2 questions about the coming version 2.

2.) Does version 2 fixes, the "AltGr" issue. There a problems with 

Server: Linux

Client: Win10

Works partial (via       altgr = shift, or altgr = none ), i.e. via cmd and windows, but not within putty and wsl (bash on win10).

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Martin

As @jaap aarts mentioned, it will not be free for Synergy 1 users. Depending on whether you bought it when the "Lifetime access" was being advertised (and not "Lifetime access to Synergy 1"), you may get a discount for the Synergy 2 Pro license.

As I mentioned in this topic and why the topic was created in the first place, it is NOT a beta license. It is a license to Synergy 2 Pro. This is a FINAL license. There is no beta to final conversion. It is a Synergy 2 Pro license, and it is the FINAL license. You are just being granted access to betas of Synergy 2 as a perk, but you are buying a Synergy 2 license when you pay for early access. The prices for the licenses when Synergy 2 becomes mainstream production will be significantly higher (they mentioned that the prices for Pro is a $49 value on the early access page, although Basic is unknown at this time). The part about whether it is beneficial or not is subjective. You are buying a final license at a significantly reduced price because Symless is hoping that you'll download the beta and provide them feedback and such. $19 for a $49 license is a significantly discounted item, so you decide if it is beneficial.

Also, isn't AltGR part of a foreign keyboard layout? If I'm right, maybe @Nick Bolton can help you out here.

17 minutes ago, Kelvin Tran said:

Also, isn't AltGR part of a foreign keyboard layout? If I'm right, maybe @Nick Bolton can help you out here.

some dutch keyboards have altGR, but most have just 2 atls, it really depends. but synergy should have support for this key as a lot of people around the world use this key.

• 2 weeks later...

All german keyboards have Alt on the left and Alt Gr on the right. Actually the german wikipedia entry for Alt Gr states that ALL keyboards with the usual AT-layout do it this way except for the american ones :)

Edited by Khaosmoon
  • Nick Bolton locked this topic
  • Nick Bolton unfeatured and unpinned this topic