Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

No thanks

David Harrison

David Harrison

Well, paid my money and downloaded. Win10 version good enough as far as it goes which isn't far. Can't say I'm at all keen on a network-based app that provides no visible way to check/edit its configuration.

Now, onto the Linux client. The old version ran perfectly under Mint 17.3. Which is as far as I go with Mint versions "because systemd". The new version seems to rely on just about every new dependency under the sun, so it won't install.

Great. Faceless Windows app and uninstallable Linux app, $15 down, time needing to be wasted reverting to an older version, and realising that Synergy's future excludes me.

What a shame.

Kelvin Tran

Well, as mentioned by the op (and I'm just going to reiterate here), a beta is a beta. 

People who need this for production are personally recommended by @Nick Bolton and his team to NOT use Synergy 2, but use the more stable branches that are nearly always going to work (note: "nearly"), or at least relative to this beta branch. As mentioned by @KringleKrebs, [email protected] is the email to contact if you want support concerning refunds, and the community is here for you if you'd like to continue messing with Synergy 2 on a test set of systems or during a time where production is not of the utmost priority. 

• Like 1