Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Everything seems fine but nothing works

Hi, 

i installed Synergy 2 on my Mac and my Windows Device, but nothing works. 

On the Mac, which i suppose to be the Server, the Window Opens, same on the Windows Device.
Both Screens get a green Background, I arranged them correct, but nothing works. 

Is there realy no Option Menu and no Documentation? Pressing F12 either on Mac oder Windows doesnt work.
Also nothing happes if i press the Tilde Key (I have german layout?!) - so the support within the App is kind of non existing. Even if its beta ,... 

Kind Regards
Jan

On Windows I found a way to do it. On my Mac the Tilde doesn't work as painted on the Keyboard.
Log seems fine, Pressing F12 on either Windows or Mac works to force a Server.

But nothing happens when I leave the Screen. There is even no log entry.
Nether when the Windows Device ist the server leaving the screen nor when the Mac Device is Server.

Is there any hint or something new? Have i do more then just to leave the screen?

Kelvin Tran
11 hours ago, Finariel said:

What do you mean with "this" - That everything seems fine but nothing works and there is no entry in the Log?

I think @Nick Bolton means proper international keyboard layout support across the different platforms that Synergy can be used on and the actual Synergy application themselves.

Kelvin Tran
7 minutes ago, Onoitsu2 said:

Best I could find on that opening of the log page by using the tilde

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde#Keyboards

The issue is that it might send a different keystroke to Windows to register that. Synergy may pick the key up as literally Alt + (+), therefore making it futile. If anything, I would recommend mapping a hotkey using something like AutoHotKey to create a shortcut that sends the exact American keystroke. I'd imagine Synergy and Windows are developed with PRIMARILY (never said only) the American language and the American keyboard layout in mind. It'll probably work, but if it doesn't, here is an alternative solution.

Additionally, perhaps his hardware does not support that command. Alt Gr may not be available on his Mac. Everything varies. We'll just have to see. I'm suspecting it will work, but there's always that small chance it won't when we're messing with foreign keyboard layouts.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
6 hours ago, Kelvin Tran said:

I think @Nick Bolton means proper international keyboard layout support across the different platforms

Ah, not quite. I actually meant...

18 hours ago, Finariel said:

On the Mac, which i suppose to be the Server, the Window Opens, same on the Windows Device.
Both Screens get a green Background, I arranged them correct, but nothing works. 

Is there realy no Option Menu and no Documentation? Pressing F12 either on Mac oder Windows doesnt work.
Also nothing happes if i press the Tilde Key (I have german layout?!) - so the support within the App is kind of non existing. Even if its beta ,... 

Screens being green but not working is a known bug that'll be fixed in beta5.

The console not showing won't be relevant going forward, as we're implementing a different way of sending logs. The log console is really meant for us developers, but the send log context menu was incorrectly added to the log console. You'll see what I mean in beta5.