Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

suggestions

mdesnoyelles

Hi guys,

I finally make it works over 3 win 10 computers. When you get the services.msc and restart synergy + f12 thing its pretty fast to makes it work.

So why not implement the synegy restart in the gui ? And make a line about the f12 refresh for the beginners, log access and start with the OS.

An offline server should be great when no internet around.

What about the copy paste between computer ?

Possibility to shows the multiple screens devices in the gui.

32 bit version for older and raspberry types devices or make synegy 1 compatible some how.

Android version for tablet.

This is it for me, I am happy that it's working and pretty stable.

Continue that great job.

• Like 1

32 bit is coming, copy paste worked in beta3, 4 doesn't work for me so IDK if they removed it. multi monitor support should be coming too, offline is already available in CLI, but in GUI has been rumoured  as well.

Edited by jaap aarts
4 hours ago, mdesnoyelles said:

So why not implement the synegy restart in the gui ? And make a line about the f12 refresh for the beginners, log access and start with the OS.

What about the copy paste between computer ?

Android version for tablet.

Yup, that makes my list too, all of that :) cause copy and paste is sporadic on beta 4, a quick restart of GUI on host solves for me but annoying to do that when it happens in the heat of needing the clipboard data across.

Copy and paste finally works for me both ways, only worked one way in version 1. 

I would like to request that you don't hide the controls in the gui. Maybe have a "Pro mode" switch that will allow us to see the keys we can press to enable different functions.

Thus far I know of ~ (tilde) to see log file console, and F12 to restart/refresh. What else can we do?

Finally, I had to turn off my firewall to get ver 2 to talk to each other - why? Please provide instructions for creating an exception for the service to get through the firewall. A user should not have to disable their firewall completely just for one app. Please provide list of exe's, services, and ports that need to be allowed though the firewall. Better yet, please make that part of the setup process. Other apps can do that, why can't Synergy?

Thanks for the app. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
10 hours ago, jaap aarts said:

4 doesn't work for me so IDK if they removed it

Interesting. We didn't intentionally remove it (and it works for me), but we do start the core process in a different way now... so maybe that's the cause?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
6 hours ago, FlatlineBB said:

I would like to request that you don't hide the controls in the gui.

Coming soon!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
6 hours ago, FlatlineBB said:

Better yet, please make that part of the setup process. Other apps can do that, why can't Synergy?

It's a bug. It'll be fixed in beta5.

I for one would not find usefulness here, my work laptop get's docked so it'll have three monitors at my desk there, but when I go home it's plugged into two monitors. I'm find with the "monitors" being the devices and have the devices manage their layout.

7 minutes ago, CapnJoe said:

I for one would not find usefulness here, my work laptop get's docked so it'll have three monitors at my desk there, but when I go home it's plugged into two monitors. I'm find with the "monitors" being the devices and have the devices manage their layout.

I like that thought, but currently if you have multiple screens, say vertically, it does not calculate the boundaries and line up properly. It uses the overall resolution area, not of each screen. I have 2 horizontal on mac, and 2 vertical on PC, so when I bring back over on PC, it could be anywhere vertically it seems. not lining up.

• Like 1

For example both PC screens are 1920x1080, and my Macs both are the same resolution. But if I move 1 inch up on the mac and come back in, it is about 2"+ up on PC when coming back, so when moving from center of Mac's over to PC it could be on either top or bottom, with only a few pixels of motion either way. It is something you "get used to" but would be nice to have it only come in on my main screen at base level, then I can move up from there.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:34 PM, Nick Bolton said:

It's a bug. It'll be fixed in beta5.

Will the updates be pushed out automatically, or do we need to download the updates manually from the website/forum?

On 9/24/2017 at 10:33 PM, Nick Bolton said:

Interesting. We didn't intentionally remove it (and it works for me), but we do start the core process in a different way now... so maybe that's the cause?

I'm on Windows 10 (client) and Mac OSX 10.12.6 (server) with symless 2 beta4,  and I noticed that copy paste seems to only work from OSX -> Windows, but not the other way around,  in Symless 1, I would see this issue from time to time, but it was fixable by shutting down the server for a few seconds, then restarting it, and copy paste would resume from windows -> osx again for some time.

any ideas why the clipboard tends to be from server to client only and not back again?

37 minutes ago, seecoolguy said:

I'm on Windows 10 (client) and Mac OSX 10.12.6 (server) with symless 2 beta4,  and I noticed that copy paste seems to only work from OSX -> Windows, but not the other way around,  in Symless 1, I would see this issue from time to time, but it was fixable by shutting down the server for a few seconds, then restarting it, and copy paste would resume from windows -> osx again for some time.

any ideas why the clipboard tends to be from server to client only and not back again?

I have encountered this very situation in my setup too, from time to time on the PC Host + Mac client setup. Only thing I have had work is closing and re-opening the app on Mac (not closing services) and closing the app and restarting the service on PC being the server. Only had it happen once, but was very frustrating when trying to copy from system to system.

1 hour ago, FlatlineBB said:

Will the updates be pushed out automatically, or do we need to download the updates manually from the website/forum?

updates I believe in the Beta stage are manual installs perhaps down the line or at a much later beta stage it could be automatically done.

• Like 1