mathewpeterson

Invalid JSON request: bad numeric conversion: negative overflow in console

7 posts in this topic

I have 1 Mac 10.12.6 and 1 Windows 10 Pro (Version: 1703, OS Build 15063.608) that I've been using with Synergy 1.x without much issues.

When I installed beta4 on both machines, I am unable to see the other computer (but both Synergy 2 clients show their own host respectively).

Log for Mac: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-09-22/303-2017-09-22T08-27-18.log
Log for Win: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-09-22/303-2017-09-22T08-32-40.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These issues will be fixed in beta5, which is due in about 4-5 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply Nick and as others pointed out, it is appreciated that you are taking the time to respond directly in the forums.

FWIW though, I do think 4-5 weeks for the next beta release is sort of underwhelming, especially since we pre-purchased; I would prefer to see shorter releases. 

It is disappointing to have to wait 5 to 6 weeks to try and use software that we purchased, even if it is beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mathewpeterson said:

It is disappointing to have to wait 5 to 6 weeks to try and use software that we purchased, even if it is beta.

I agree that this is a bit long, but the last release was pretty crap on linux. they are making sure that everything work this time and actually starts as it is suposed to.

but I think maybe a weekly build would be nice, although it would take a lot of time building stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mathewpeterson said:

FWIW though, I do think 4-5 weeks for the next beta release is sort of underwhelming, especially since we pre-purchased

Sorry about that. If you want a refund, please email us: [email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mathewpeterson said:

Thanks for the reply Nick and as others pointed out, it is appreciated that you are taking the time to respond directly in the forums.

FWIW though, I do think 4-5 weeks for the next beta release is sort of underwhelming, especially since we pre-purchased; I would prefer to see shorter releases. 

It is disappointing to have to wait 5 to 6 weeks to try and use software that we purchased, even if it is beta.

I agree with @mathewpeterson that the release schedule is a bit underwhelming for a beta. However, I guess that the purpose of that is that they want to see more feedback to release bigger beta updates, which is understandable, as it would also be hard to keep track of 10-30 different beta updates within the organization. But with that being said, it does make sense that they're doing this to fix more "stuff" and add more with their beta updates. Quality over quantity, people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kelvin Tran said:

I agree with @mathewpeterson that the release schedule is a bit underwhelming for a beta. However, I guess that the purpose of that is that they want to see more feedback to release bigger beta updates, which is understandable, as it would also be hard to keep track of 10-30 different beta updates within the organization. But with that being said, it does make sense that they're doing this to fix more "stuff" and add more with their beta updates. Quality over quantity, people.

 

Synergy may appear simple, but it's actually very complicated. We have only 2.5 developers (I'm trying to run the company while writing code).

In beta5 we're introducing an entirely new networking layer. Thanks for your patience everyone. It'll be worth the wait, I promise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now