Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Remap Meta/Alt Keys

1 hour ago, duk242 said:

Any way we can remap the meta/alt keys to be the other way around?

The other option that'd be nice is the ability to stop Synergy from taking focus when I move from one screen to the other (it was an option in the old version like Admin mode or something?). For example if Chrome is open and I move over to the other computer, chrome will lose focus until I move back.

Thank you, that thought had not occurred to me yet, I am sure I would have noticed it when actually using it for work, not simply playing around with it. Also the second point you make there, I thought I was seeing it behave strangely but shrugged it off to being tired. Guess it was stealing focus unlike the v1.

• 2 weeks later...

One solution could be to somehow register Synergy as a virtual USB or BT keyboard, so that you can select and change the modifier keys natively in OSX. My Mac Mini has no keyboard, so therefore I cannot use the OSX Change Modifier Keys feature - nothing is saved because there is no keyboard (Even if i hit OK).

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 6.26.56 PM.png

1 minute ago, atwixtor said:

One solution could be to somehow register Synergy as a virtual USB or BT keyboard, so that you can select and change the modifier keys natively in OSX. My Mac Mini has no keyboard, so therefore I cannot use the OSX Change Modifier Keys feature - nothing is saved because there is no keyboard (Even if i hit OK).

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 6.26.56 PM.png

I love that idea! That could not only add more power to it, but even permit extra keys and other things from 'special' keyboards to be mapped properly.

• Like 1
Allan Jackson

Yes!

My use-case is that I'm on a Mac server with Windows client, and when I want to copy/paste between the two systems, I have to use cmd-c/v on one and ctrl-c/v on the other. Makes copying/pasting between the two really awkward.

• 3 weeks later...