Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

NOTE: accepted client connection NOTE: new client disconnect

Riess C. Dodson
After downloading and installing ver. 1.7.3 for Ubuntu Utopic, and a dual boot of Windows XP, and Vivid, I found synergyd using almost 100% of my Pentium 4 CPU resources. I then uninstalled, deleted, and purged from my various OS's, and installed ver. 1.7.2, only to have connection issues due to the SSL network security. Not a problem, I unchecked the option. Now when I start the server, I get this notice, and continue to get: [quote]NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: /home/UbuntuUser/synergy.conf NOTE: log level: INFO NOTE: started server, waiting for clients NOTE: accepted client connection NOTE: client "ClientComputer" has connected NOTE: accepted client connection NOTE: new client disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection NOTE: new client disconnected[/quote] I removed all clients and the server from the configuration, rebooted in all operating systems, and I am still getting this message: NOTE: accepted client connection NOTE: new client disconnected repeating itself ad infinitum. I can now use the mouse and keyboard on another computer. In Windows I seem to have to kill the synergyd process to keep cpu usage down. When I restart the server, I then seem to be unable to connect with the client unless I kill the process and restart.
Riess C. Dodson
Windows install of synergy completely borked windows. The system would boot and freeze. I have removed Synergy entirely from the Windows boot, I can now use Windows. I am still getting the strange cycle of messages from the Ubuntu boot, showing activity when I move from one screen to another, and the repeating message in the Log.