Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Activation fail`s

Reg Pringle
Just upgraded to 1.7.3 on two PCs consisting of 32 bit server and 64 bit client. 64 bit client activated fine but 32 bit client would not. Same login (honest). Please see attachment. Tried reinstalling and running wizard several times. Sharing mouse and keyboard fails and log screens show failures and connection time outs. Regards
Ben Koenig
These 12XXX errors seem to be internal to Windows. There is not a lot of documentation on them, however a massive amount of googling suggests that things like Anti-virus software and custom network settings can often cause these errors. First question then is which anti-virus package are you running? Temporarily disabling to just to see if Synergy magically starts working is not at all a bad idea. Re-enable ASAP afterwards.
Reg Pringle
Thanks for the pointer. I use Norton 360 for both machines. The one that activation worked on and the problem machine. Both with same updates and firewall settings. However I disabled the problem machine's firewall and activation succeeded !!! So I don't know why it worked but it did
Ben Koenig
Well there ya go! Not too much horribly wrong with Windows.. until you start dealing with Antivirus... :cry: Blame Norton. Always and forever. Also when I googled there were some thoughts on a setting in Norton for a "[b]LAN Proxy[/b]"? If you can find this option and disable it, they might decide to play nice.