Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

OSX Client, Win8.1 server - mouse/keyboard input lost

Kym Schuur
Having a frustrating issue since the latest version installation (v1.7.3) Randomly moving the mouse between the server and the clients - it will lose the mouse/keyboard input on the server screen entirely. The only keys that work are CTRL-ALT-DEL which brings mouse movement back, but keyboard inputs still ignored. The only solution is to hard-power-cycle the Windows server to regain control. Not even RDPing into the Windows server to "end task" on Synergy helps (can't click anywhere or use keyboard)
  • 1 month later...
Dominick Gallegos
I'm having the same issue! I'm using 1.7.3 and can only recover the use of the mouse temporarily when selecting Ctrl + Alt + Del. If I kill the app I can regain the use of the mouse but if it approaches the edge of the screen it disappears entirely. This is very frustrating. I did try switching the server and the client but ended up with the same issue. Also, I'm running 8.1.1 on both my laptop, desktop, and surface. :x
  • 1 month later...
Kobitharun Kunasekaran
I have this problem on Windows 7 running the server with OSX client. Server completely loses input, hard reset or patiently getting the Task Manager via CTRL + ALT+ DEL then try to move mouse to close Synergy process. This can take almost 10-15 minutes as the mouse only responds once every minute or so but it's the only way to preserve open files and windows. Both running 1.7.4. Happend about 3 times already.