Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac connection issue after sleep/lock

I had this a few times, but not every time. Setup has a Windows 10 PC and an iMac (Sierra). After unlocking/waking the Mac cannot connect to the Windows PC. The log is an endless loop of:

[Core] [2017-09-06T14:35:25] NOTE: connecting to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx': xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:24800
[Core] [2017-09-06T14:35:25] NOTE: disconnected from server
[Core] [2017-09-06T14:35:25] DEBUG: retry in 1 seconds

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of my PC. If I close and restart Synergy on the Mac the connection is then successful.

I experienced this issue again following my Mac's first sleep on beta4. The issue was worse though as it is now not simply just a case of restarting the client app. I had to restart the underlying processes too.

After restarting the processes on both machines Synergy is working OK, except that the GUI is no longer visible on the Mac. It appears in the process list, just not on the screen!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

In beta5, the service will automatically reconnect which will fix these issues. In the meantime, you'll have to manually restart the service. That's beta software for you. Thanks for testing!

Fair enough about the restarts, I can live with that for now. Any idea about the client GUI not appearing on the Mac though. After a clean system restart the client GUI appears on both Windows and Mac if launched. Then on subsequent launches on the Mac the GUI does not appear when launched. It is still listed in the process list, stopping and restarting the processes don't appear to help. Keyboard and mouse functionality is actually working OK, it is just that the client GUI isn't visible.

Is the log file stored somewhere? Obviously I cannot access it via the GUI.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
7 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Any idea about the client GUI not appearing on the Mac though.

Is this when you click the Synergy icon in the dock or double click the application icon? This is a bug where macOS thinks Synergy is already running (but actually it's the service that's running). We're aware of this bug and are working to fix it in beta5. In the meantime, the solution is to use the activity monitor to kill all processes, then try opening the Synergy config window again.