Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

synergyd system process using more than 50% of the CPU

José Manuel Martínez

José Manuel Martínez
As I mentioned in the topic subject, today I was working when the PC started "freezing". Looking for a problem, I found that a process called "synergyd" was overrunning my CPU. I'm using the latest version running in Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview. The other computer is a Mac with the latest version as well running with OSx 10.10.3. Just informing! If you need more information about the applications used during the "indicent", I'll be glad to help Thanks! Keep the excellent work!
Martin Rigby
I have a similar problem, but running 32-bit Windows 7 SP1 Problem occurs after the machine has been running for a few minutes. Running the newly downloaded v.1.7.3 stable (efd0108) version. (...Windows-x86.msi)
Enrico Self
Another "me too" reply ... Windows 7 64 bit, synergyd is eating a full CPU thread even though the pc is running as client only. I have to kill the task right after boot completes. hope this gets fixed soon. bye Enrico
Mike Button
I am running a Dell Laptop with an I7 Intel processor, had to remove Synergy 1.7 as it was running way too hot. Windows 8.1 64 bit. Mike
Peppa456
Since installation of the latest version 1.7.3 I have the same problems on two pc's. One ist Windows Server 2008 R2 and the other one Windows 7. The problem exists when the service is running. After starting the GUI when the service takes one CPU the CPU usage is getting to normal. After closing the gui the CPU is used again after a few seconds fully.
Ryogenic
Looks like killing the process doesn't affect mouse/keyboard functionality. Didn't test anything else. "synergyd.exe" will also run on its own without Synergy even being open until you either kill it or uninstall 1.7.3.
Rob Golley
Another "me too". WIndows 7 64bit. Seems to crash when trying to cut portion of an image on server and paste on client. Also notice issues when a program on the server grabs focus (like notepad++ when it determines new updates are available)
Russell Conner
Same issue here, using 12.5% of CPU, or one full core on Windows 8.1 64bit. Uninstall/Reinstall did not fix the issue. Not experiencing the issue on MacOS 10.10
  • 2 years later...