Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Plan to release an archlinux compatible binary ?

jaap aarts

I made it myself using debtap(deb to arch package) its really nice, at first it had some weird dependencies but after removing those it worked.

currently its impossible to make an AUR package since you need to be logged in to download the .deb. but if this becomes possible I am willing to do that as well until they release an official package.

• Like 1
jaap aarts

haha, well I could do it.

I just don't know what license to use, and I'd have to host it myself.(or at least available to everyone)

I don't know if im allowed to just give it away for free, you cant download it without being logged in so I suppose they want to keep it closed for now. even though you need to login I prefer not to give it away to anyone checking if its available on AUR.

Yeah, I understand totally :)

Redistribution is forbidden (that's written on the bottom left of the GUI) ;)

599effc4180c6_ScreenShot2017-08-24at18_32_19.png.bbe72d2c5d88e57a69fff3ddd81e9773.png

That's why I suggested Symless team to look at the tool.
That way, they can generate the package themselves on each new beta and put on Synergy website with the others GNU/Linux distributions packages.

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
5 hours ago, jaap aarts said:

haha, well I could do it.

I just don't know what license to use, and I'd have to host it myself.(or at least available to everyone)

I don't know if im allowed to just give it away for free, you cant download it without being logged in so I suppose they want to keep it closed for now. even though you need to login I prefer not to give it away to anyone checking if its available on AUR.

Please feel free to redistribute! We can make an exception here. Thanks for your help. Very cool of you.

jaap aarts
17 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Please feel free to redistribute! We can make an exception here. Thanks for your help. Very cool of you.

I have put it up as synergy2-bin, if you have any problems with the license feel free to provide one for the AUR.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm having the exact same issue with libssl.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:32 AM, jaap aarts said:

I used this to install synergy2 on arch, and maybe try installing libcurl-openssl-1.0?

"this" link no longer works, could you please point me to where I can download whatever "this" was? :) I would really like to get this working.

Thank you.

jaap aarts
3 hours ago, reptile83 said:

Hi all,

I'm having the exact same issue with libssl.

"this" link no longer works, could you please point me to where I can download whatever "this" was? :) I would really like to get this working.

Thank you.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/synergy2-bin/

it doesnt have the patched service, to keep at on the same page as other distros.

26 minutes ago, jaap aarts said:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/synergy2-bin/

it doesnt have the patched service, to keep at on the same page as other distros.

Thank you jaap aarts. I just read your first comment there stating that "beta 4 is really unstable on linux". So maybe I'll wait then. Just finally got version 1.8 to work so I'll stick with it until 2 is more stable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 06/10/2017 at 8:53 PM, reptile83 said:

beta 4 is really unstable on linux

Finally, Synergy 2 beta5 is here! And it's much more stable now on Linux.

Get the latest version: Synergy-v2.0.0-beta5