Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Do you use hot corners?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

So far, in Synergy 2's development, we haven't addressed the hot corners feature. I wanted to know how useful this is to people. The hot corners feature allows you to only move between computers using the corners of your screen.

If you use this feature, please let me know why you need it. Why don't you like the default behavior? Thanks!

GranPaSmurf

it's a feature I've never used. A need never presented itself. I can imagine where a task bar is, for instance, on top, and another screen is above, one might use hot corners, to make sure the transfer worked, especially if using drag & drop...maybe.

I never had the need pop up.

• Like 1

I didn't know about, and of course, didn't use the feature from version 1. I don't think I would in version 2 because I like the idea that it's simply an extension of my main setup, so no need to go to a hot-corner. Though, I'm sure other people have different use cases.

SystemsEngWookie
On 8/23/2017 at 8:55 AM, KringleKrebs said:

it's a feature I've never used. A need never presented itself. I can imagine where a task bar is, for instance, on top, and another screen is above, one might use hot corners, to make sure the transfer worked, especially if using drag & drop...maybe.

I never had the need pop up.

It would help on a MAC with the tool/action bar being on the side of the screen/desktop

Hopeful Neophiliac

Howdy,

This question dove-tails nicely into my question.  Excuse my non-technical communication skills.

I use the Windows10 Snap feature frequently.  With Synergy running, the client is on the left and the server is on the right.  The left side of the screen is my "go-to" side for snapping.  I would love to have a hot corner through which I can move my mouse, but the rest of the left border (on the server) kept free to use for snapping.

I hope this makes sense.  I've been experimenting with it, but no luck so far.  The closest I am to being a developer was when I waved Polaroid pictures in the air, thinking they would develop faster.

Hopeful Neophiliac

Update on my experiments.

I activated my server's top left corner as a hot corner.  My mouse indeed was blocked while trying to move server to client.  I then ran the cursor up-screen on the server, and it slipped right into the client screen.  However, it only works one time.  When I returned to the server, was was able to go to the client anywhere along the left side, not just the corner.  Hope this helps.

• Nick Bolton unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I always used hot corners back when I used GNOME, im currently using i3wm, so using a mouse is a bit more useless. but idd use hotcorners anyways so I dont switch screen when moving to another workspace using my mouse.

• 2 weeks later...