MexicanCloud

Alt+Tab like hotkey to change between screens

5 posts in this topic

Hello!!

I think this should be easy to develop. I could find some hotkey that could do something like change between screens without moving my mouse.

I'm a developer and I already use a lot of hotkeys, but sometimes I have to change with Synergy to another PC.

Then I have move my hand out of the keyboard to move the mouse to another PC.

Cheers.

I'd strongly support this feature. I've got a very keyboard-based working style, and I quite often find myself having to reach out to the mouse just to knock the pointer to another monitor. I'd love to have a (configurable!) key that could switch between screens, or even just machines.

Hmm. I hadn't realised that this was even potentially possible. This page suggests that it can be done: https://davejamesmiller.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/synergy-hotkey-to-toggle-screens/

As an update, it does look like you can switch left or right, but not jump to the previous screen. (To be used as a toggle between two screens.) I'd love that feature.

Edited by tealeaf

I don't use alt+tab to switch, but insted I use ctrl+alt+shift+number, I have 3 computer, and switch to them with it.

Here the hotkeys in my config files:
        keystroke(shift+control+alt+KP_3) = switchToScreen(Win10)
        keystroke(shift+control+alt+KP_2) = switchToScreen(GPS1)
        keystroke(shift+control+alt+KP_1) = switchToScreen(Central)

• Like 1