Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can't connect/login on Windows 10 x64 pro

First my setup, which was working fine with version 1, the main machine (server) is a windows 10 pro (upgraded from windows 7 pro) x64 optiplex 9020 with 8gb RAM.  There is security software on this which I do not control (Symantec EndPoint Protection - Managed version 12.x).  I also have several pieces of antiransomware software (Malwarebytes beta, BD antiransomware, WAR, Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware tool for Business, as well as cryptolocker).  I had all of these running  (except WAR) when version 1 was functioning.  

I have not yet figured out how to include a log (the instructions on the top of the forum are only for MAC).  When I try to login I either get logged in successfully on the website but the program still asks me to login (tried with firefox, chrome and opera), or I get a login failed error, which has been a 505, 504, or a simple "Synergy logo<enter>Login failed. Session expired."

synergy login failed.PNG

synergy still doesn't register login.PNG

synergy login successful.PNG

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzucker

• cguerra

• Nick Bolton

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I discovered the problem.  One of the computers (Win 10 box) had a problem so I used a clone drive.  The problem was that the network detected it as a different computer and lost the trust relationshi

Posted Images

tried again - login successful but still doesn't register in the app (still ask me to login).  I disabled everything except Symantec (which I can't disable due to GPO).

Guest Andrew Nelless

@tzuckerI've cleared out your old sessions, can you give it another whirl? It'd also be helpful if you can provide the 'code=...' segment at the end of the URL you get in your browser (it's cut off in the screenshot above)

Note, that because I've deleted your old logins, it is expected that your first login attempt may fail.

Cheers

Just tried this again, login failed due to time out, browser and synergy app closed automatically. opened synergy again and clicked the "Signin with Symless" link and login was successful.  I closed the browser and still had the login in screen on the synergy app.  I closed synergy and then reopened it and clicked the link again, this time after the login was successful I just minimized the browser - still the same issue.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hmm, that's pretty annoying. Ok, beta4 will be out in a week, are you ok to wait until then?

Guest Andrew Nelless

I looked in to this our side and I was unable to find out why @tzucker 's sessions aren't being activated. I'm going to improve the server side logging of login operations to try and track this down.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that it's failing reproducibly for @tzuckerwhen we're only dealing with random tokens.

Guest Andrew Nelless

Hi @tzucker

I appreciate your patience on this, can you try again but this time give me the code as before? Improved logging is in place, so I should be able to get a better view of what's going on.

just tried first there was a login fail  with code: https://v1.api.cloud.symless.com/login/with-symless?code=i%2FuGajmFZznmufNBgZsKgFgzKac2sHt0ddTduQbmz7p3wu4kBODHmnut4f8iOwhJMuuLPVBb0G4YE5GWQxbY1MRo6Z5d%2BjhhQFo5NWNeIIE1FFpCUk2Bq2lwnfLjRzlmFmqu8aRVUOq%2BsvGJ5MX1qXQ5Hh3v4oQ4sYp3m5NLz5xGtwDxzxBgQf%2Bq12GgH9CzUKqCrPl7YiT%2FQgTC2imcMpxz760S4oYet7802eY69lBpJdjHdaE3mZcdts%2F3zuQTddGl%2BabQJlq2%2BJbeoQl5XVJfSzqgUzUEGg95K1CQfZWNw3w1A5YX%2BjIhrA8SFAs6vaGct%2Bw8JzWbZ%2Fbq0NOfGY31jY0fSEqWzmjt8ydRlLx7PPlhoUOgfUx37NqAa%2FFiyj7dXj5LtSnnA266058TGP6zTAQ%2FUWUOWRnNxfaaOqnpCmnQCicDy18jTYFeniLqYFfek0mRn08U4AjYmaJhb7j9Qsgvf4tK%2Blrbg3XhDHdiOTfslsbdOA393VGO2ifMctPxkfDofavK8nA12b95Vtvag0ac%2BIyWBVxOjJ4H%2Fq%2FWSUEg%2B8ai%2FmkvVhfU4d4nplKf%2BUorIBbfsnlqXjfF1ZzodNH40fN1d2OCPOTl43lChXMtnXBfYOnoQVlww%2FeBoACuICzBe%2BxAjxq81bLGnFELktySutRBh%2BSHwdCL4oo%3D&state=sru2U0tAcJSrEw8mEy1TeBhx 

Then it was successful with this code:

https://v1.api.cloud.symless.com/login/with-symless?code=c%2FFSpOPqY2eUlLqQV9p8zodsAeNZpTgYi5h27euGH3vlvo5KFfsAIRE1bd4uZ72vXN0rPgMZ0jvYskaeMPbg2eIyf89q05bOr9ig%2BCDMFc6qZ9lwXQZn93%2FqrugdVhyGLbMZain9G0AwslK045C3TzXtyltMy7Bczlc1BtitfaKd6XoiEYrKnLcf%2B9EZuBtsYsH42o9zbRLU5sxzaSk1rj9fsuLG03Ww00ohxOnVIWJVAcJp6rrQk%2BoEUTvUBCAd0cfoDomfsANlAmM8mVdnJF1McxL4vO%2BsVZ0TFGjz0pFOwdWKBphet2vdsvTg6fJAleEOfHN5lc1CZlZ%2Bw6icpv21tUSCEyWFq7zO8y6GsTy9W9KsYZsoazxK1fq9v%2FRv%2BpUGlxhFLpD1EoB61SinvCjmOb6unSar2MLxS9acS%2FXEpS%2FWFnxKTR%2BySrWSUn9his4Xhh3VzbuCoXhMVsH180QYN4D5wBFspTX3frc9ASoxxUK%2BObeIfx1zpJ3JR2fSIhmiie7lY92x8PmcKrf6TKZY2a7dTAL7vOX6jfkI4LuJkyv%2Bwvr4thLpurbW9fL1cT4g4sMW8y6HRenOe1Vb2tVHDIu1snBcLiDj7%2FdOZomIFy%2F3fEApOuvtn%2Fy49RlrP2aehvbdeeZKB0vN96h9GTX4ZGvmap4dwOp1SJJPAJE%3D&state=AV5FAAbZtJROMcRILZVyAKGl

Edited by tzucker
Guest Andrew Nelless

I've found the problem. Your .edu registered account does indeed not have beta access. However, we seem to have an account registered to a gmail address in your name also, which was confusing the issue.

It should work now

Does the beta version need to be running on each workstation?  The other workstations can't connect to the main (previously server) workstation.  They are running 1.8.x versions.

Guest Andrew Nelless

Yes, the beta version needs to be run on all workstations because all screen discovery and configuration is done via a new protocol (and this is changing again in beta4)

What's your network setup like such that you can't connect particular workstations? We're generally interested in finding out about these scenarios

• Kelvin Tran locked this topic