Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

No drag and drop

I cant get the drag and drop function to work. Any suggestions. The knowledge base is no help. I have drag and drop enabled on all screens.

Chris Bodger

I've been trying to figure this out too. what I've found is that its sporadic, sometimes it will transfer stuff, sometimes it wont. But i have found out you cant transfer folders (getting an error "drag file name is invalid" and "DEBUG: failed to get drag file name from OLE") but i can transfer small files, including zipped files (sending large ones caused the server to crash). and i can only get files to transfer to the desktop thus far.

Other things i did was disable clipboard sharing and drag and drop file transfers in the server config, then applied those changes and let the server initialise with those settings. I then re-enabled them after my devices connected and hit apply again. as an added measure, i added all the Synergy EXEs to the firewall allow list, just in case it was blocking files being transferred in and out, though i think the real issue is that the server cant fully handle the drag and drop stuff, limited to certain sizes and/or file types