Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Read first: Remember, it's a beta

• Nick Bolton locked, unlocked, pinned and featured this topic
Dutton242

Hi Nick, good idea. I knew going in that this was going to be a little rocky and I hope others knew that too. I love this software and wanted to help provide feedback for the latest version, but, also knew I couldn't rely on it for my production setup just yet. Keep up the good work and looking forward to more releases!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, eth0 said:

I'd expect that too. If you could assure us that the Synergy 2 release version won't be Synergy 1 Now With 25% Less Features, I'd be more than happy.

Or maybe we can discuss two pricing tiers? Like Synergy and Synergy PRO. :) Pro having more features, ofc.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 8/10/2017 at 0:08 PM, quad_bx said:

lack of connectivity via Synergy when Symless Cloud is down,

We're working on that right now!

the impossibility to hard pick a master

The auto switch feature isn't 100% working yet, so we're going to make sure this is finished and stable before we make a decision on this.

obfuscation of most important settings from v1.x.

What do you consider to be the most important settings in Synergy 1?

USEFUL cloud features.

What are some useful cloud features that you're expecting?

On 8/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, eth0 said:

If you could assure us that the Synergy 2 release version won't be Synergy 1 Now With 25% Less Features, I'd be more than happy.

In Synergy 2, some of these features from Synergy 1 will be simplified and exposed in a very different way.

On 8/10/2017 at 6:01 PM, quad_bx said:

Or maybe we can discuss two pricing tiers? Like Synergy and Synergy PRO. :) Pro having more features, ofc.

Actually, that's already the case, but we'll be making SSL a Basic feature, and moving some of the Basic features to Pro (to be announced).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 8/25/2017 at 10:35 PM, Daniel Garcia said:

hasn't even reached minimum viable product

What do you think is missing?

Paul C Craggs

the abiity to move my mouse cursor between screens for one..  On my three console main working rig I've gone back to V1.8 but kept the beta  running on a couple of spare machines. I'm afraid I agree with Daniel until it meets even the basic working functionality of 1.8 it can't be regarded as a beta. We  are used to the quirks of development software but it needs to hit a baseline before release that I don't think this did. The price as others have said is not really an issue anyone who quibbles over $5 is just screwy, but at this stage it should really have invited to parallel development testers, rather than actual users as an upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Nick Bolton unfeatured this topic
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

@Paul C Craggs It sounds like what you're experiencing is actually a bug (rather than a missing feature).It looks like you already posted your logs in another thread. I'll reply there.

• Nick Bolton locked this topic
  • Nick Bolton unpinned and featured this topic