Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0 beta 3 on macOS

Kelvin Tran

I have a couple of questions about experimenting with Synergy 2.0 specifically on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

1.) Is the cloud server a feature that is transparent, or is there an indicator that it's working? Is it a feature that is included with the macOS build of Synergy 2.0 beta 3 or is it just a feature available to Windows and/or Linux users?

2.) Is there a way I can enable SSL encryption? Though not deal-breaking, I'd at least like to know if SSL encryption works in Synergy 2.0 to test if there are some bugs in 1.9rc3 that are fixed. 

3.) Is there a way I can get to a settings menu of some sort? All I get is a screen where I can rearrange my connected Synergy-enabled devices, which is not appealing to somebody like me that's a tinkerer. Is there a settings menu that can be accessed now or in a later release and if it's been implemented, how would I access it?

Just minor questions, any information provided would be greatly appreciated!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hey, for beta4 (due in 2-3 weeks) we'll be adding an error state for cloud config (but that could be pushed back to beta5). However, beta4 will definitely include daemon services for all platforms. SSL will come a little later (beta5 or beta6), and the hidden/advanced setting menu will follow sometime after that.

• Like 1
Kelvin Tran

What is the cloud server/config exactly? Is it included in beta 3, or is the cloud service down at the moment? That's mainly what I'm inquiring about, though it's nice to know that you're adding an error state for the cloud-based service soon.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
15 hours ago, kelvintechie said:

What is the cloud server/config exactly?

It's a discovery service that helps your computers see each other.

15 hours ago, kelvintechie said:

Is it included in beta 3, or is the cloud service down at the moment?

Yes, it's in beta3 and it was temporarily offline but its back up now.

Kelvin Tran

So once the release is out, if Synergy doesn't detect the system(s) using the cloud config, could I manually point it to the private IP of the system?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 8/10/2017 at 1:07 PM, kelvintechie said:

So once the release is out, if Synergy doesn't detect the system(s) using the cloud config, could I manually point it to the private IP of the system?

We're still planning a solution for this. Stay tuned.