Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

synergy 2 UI gripes

david_david

All this is on Windows 10

1. Assigning 'open console' to the tilde-key is unwise, bcs. it's often a dead key with non-English Layouts. Not sure, why everyone keeps doing this. Personally, I blame Counterstrike...

see screenshot:
2. I need to be able to see and/or set my full display name, bcs. I don't know which computer is which, as they both start with Desktop...
3. The console is tiny and I can't make it bigger. I have to drag a tiny scroll bar to see what's going on with the program. Instead I see lots of bluespace. I know people who use betas are the more adventureous type, but this for me at least stops me dead in my tracks for even wanting to try to make my connection work.

4. I can't see all topics posted in this feedback sub-forum at once. Instead, in order to check if the feedback I'm about to submit has been done before, I have to click through pages and pages. Which I wont. The result is, that you'll keep reading the same issues over and over again, that might never have been posted, if this thread would have better information visibility by giving us a 'all in one scrollable page'-view. Also people wont post their new issues, bcs. they don't want to submit something, that potentially has been posted before, but they don't want to go and check all pages.

At the moment I don't see how this is an improvement over version 1 (didn't like it's UI either, but it had stuff you could interact with and (gasp...) options).

Edited by david_david
my screenshot got eaten
david_david

I can't post a screenshot here by copy and pasting from Windows snipping tool, although it's shown in the preview :(
I have to use the way more cumbersome 'drag files here or choose files'-dialog, which would be fine, if the preview
didn't lie to me.

Capture.PNG

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

We're missing quite a lot of user feedback messages which we'll be adding into beta4. The idea behind the new user interface is that you won't need to see the console. That's why we made it so hard to find. Admittedly, hiding the "send log" feature inside the console was silly. We shouldn't have done that. Going forward, we're going to make it an advanced setting to turn the console on and off (as ideally, it's not something you should need to do).