Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

"Couldn't connect to Synergy Cloud" error on startup

mgoblue62

I'm trying to upgrade to the new beta. When I run Synergy though and try to connect, I get an error message on the screen - "Couldn't connect to Synergy Cloud"

Any ideas on what's going on?

I am running Win10 pro, ethernet. This would be the server node.

Thanks

Edited by mgoblue62
add more details
Paul Suarez

Hi @mgoblue62. I apologize but our cloud server that runs Synergy v2 is experiencing a lot of load right now. We are working on how to improve it or totally fix it by tomorrow. Please bear with us on this. :)

Hi @Paul Suarez, I just had the same. It seemed to recover after awhile (approx 10 mins). 

On a side note, I just installed and the GUI was disappearing immediately after launch on two systems (win7 and win 10).

Does it need to check in with the cloud after initial launch too?

Paul Suarez
3 hours ago, Googs said:

Hi @Paul Suarez, I just had the same. It seemed to recover after awhile (approx 10 mins). 

On a side note, I just installed and the GUI was disappearing immediately after launch on two systems (win7 and win 10).

Does it need to check in with the cloud after initial launch too?

Correct @Googs. It needs you to log in to your Synergy account after initial installation. After that it needs to send the configuration settings of that machine to the cloud server so that when the other machine(s) connects. It knows exactly how that first machines is set up or how is it configured.