Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.3 - Super High CPU usage. (Windows 64bit)

Panayiotis Annivas
Its such a shame. I just bought this program and I too am suffering with ~20% CPU at all times. Come on guys, where is the fix????
Brian Farmer
Yeah, I've got the same deal on my Windows 8.1 systems. Highly annoying, but opening and minimizing the GUI is a successful workaround, strangely enough. Weird quirk, but that's open source software for you, at least in my general experience. I read in another thread that a nightly beta release seems to have corrected the issue, so maybe we'll get an official release shortly.
Has anyone found a solution to this and other issues? Maybe this software works flawlessly on other operating systems, but on Windows, it does a myriad of strange things. Writing software that ports to a variety of operating systems can be tricky, especially if their APIs are dissimilar and diverge over time. Could be that patches to Windows break this app periodically? If so, then that would be due to using unapproved entry points and system calls. Is it possible that the entire design of this product is built on assumptions that no longer work? I see that the passage of time and patching vulnerabilities tend to break features. Even Microsoft's free Mouse Without Borders -- http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download ... x?id=35460 -- has issues with older Microsoft software. I used MWB for a while and came back to Synergy because of that one issue. While I used MWB, that was the only bug I encountered, if you can call it a bug, rather than incompatibility, so that is an option for those of us who are growing tired of random issues with Synergy. I plan to give up that obsolete software soon for other reasons, so I may have to go back to MWB. Those issues tend to crop up just when we need the systems to work, and I am seeing no indication they are acknowledged or that they are being addressed.