Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Unable to connect with new 1.7.3

Scott Bonar
I just downloaded 1.7.3 and my Windows PC client is unable to connect with my Linux server. This worked just fine with 1.7.2. I am running 1.7.3 64bit on both. On my Linux machine I see the following failure [code]NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:1409442E:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert protocol version NOTE: new client disconnected[/code] On my Windows PC client I see the following failure [code]ERROR: ssl error occurred (generic failure) ERROR: error:1408F10B:SSL routines: SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number[/code] Also, I don't know if this is related but when I run the wizard on the Linux server I get an error indicating that "Could not get Linux package type." Thank you in advanced for the help
Jan Peterson
I don't know about your Windows problem, but the problem with the Linux package manager is because you are on a system that uses RPMs. See [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=350#p1062[/url] for some hints on how to fix that, at least. Maybe after you fix that, your other problem will go away?