Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Unable to connect with Synergy 2.0 beta

Matthew.adams

Trying the new 2.0 beta. Installed on two Windows machines. Each one prompted me to sign in and now they are each displaying their own name on the Synergy screen. I can’t connect to either one from the other. One has the PC name in a green box the other has the name in a grey box. Is there some configuration I’m missing?

Matthew.adams

Trying the new 2.0 beta. Installed on two Windows machines. Each one prompted me to sign in and now they are each displaying their own name on the Synergy screen. I can’t connect to either one from the other. One has the PC name in a green box the other has the name in a grey box. Is there some configuration I’m missing?

Aten should be the server and WL-CNOMALT2 should be the client

Both are connected to the same wifi working on the same subnet.

wlbeta.jpg

atenbeta.JPG

johnny2678
7 hours ago, Matthew.adams said:

I think this is resolved now. I disabled the virtual box network adapter and both machines connected immediately.

Same issue... disabling the virtual box adapter isn't an option for me as I am running virtual box 24x7.  Advice?

Love the simplicity of 2.0, but this is the kind of issue that I can usually resolve myself after poking around in the settings... except... 2.0 doesn't have any...