Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Not starting after install on Win 7 Pro

Installed Synergy 2 Beta 3 on desktop running Win 7 Pro 64bit. When I tried to start it the following message came up: "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll". Installed fine on Win 10 laptop.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Please try rebooting your computer and redownloading the installer. It could be corrupt, or there may be something running on your computer that's causing the error.

I have been running v1.8.8 on the computer and had no problems. I uninstalled v1.8.8 and then rebooted the computer. I downloaded v2.0.0-beta3 and installed it. Came up with the same errors as above. I rebooted the computer and the same happened.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Ah, I wonder if your runtimes are out of date. Could you please go to add/remove programs and uninstall everything that starts with "Microsoft Visual C++", then reinstall Synergy.

@Jerry Hou The Synergy 2 installer installs the correct runtime, right?

Guest Andrew Nelless

This is likely because you don't have all the Windows 7 updates installed, in particular this one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

Microsoft discourage application developers from shipping these DLLs with their application, since they're now a part of Windows itself, instead they recommend that people using Windows 8.1 and below simply make sure they have the latest service pack and updates installed.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
7 minutes ago, dmpal said:

Software now running but the cloud being down means that I can't try it.

Really sorry about that. I'm pretty close to picking up the phone and attempting to wake @Andrew Nelless and @Dan Sorahan, but that'll impact tomorrow's development... so it's probably unwise.