Alpha Now

unexplained partial input loss

6 posts in this topic

I have a Win10 Pro active directory domain member setup as a server, and a Windows 7 Pro non-domain member client. 

Randomly, my mouse clicks will stop working but i will still be able to track around the screen. Buttons respond as though the mouse is in place but clicks are not executed when using the server's mouse. The client's mouse still clicks.

So far all i've found to do is to stop and restart the client. A reboot of the operating system results in a longer delay before the behavior is experienced.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Alpha Now. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alpha Now - Just a quick side thing - I've found that hitting the Apply button "usually" returns the mouse behavior, but not always. Slightly quicker.

This seems to be a well known issue - I found that tip in another thread

I just came today to see if there was progress on this very issue, I think I just saw another couple posts that look like the same thing

I'm likewise Windows 10 client and server. This is my only problem with Synergy but its very frustrating

Edited by stephenoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried your suggestion of just hitting "apply" but it doesn't do anything. Im just opening the client end and clicking Stop then Start. Then it starts working again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @Alpha Now. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Currently running build 1.8.7-stable-9799e96 on both. Connected to the same 10/100 ethernet switch which is uplinked to the rest of my network. Systems have perpetual DHCP lease.

Server: Win10 Pro x64 active directory domain member setup as a server,

Client: Windows 7 Pro x64 non-domain member client

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just updated both the client and the server to 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2

I will monitor and report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now