Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.3 - Client\server compatibility?

Duncan Lilly
I have a client running 1.5.1 (the most recent version approved by my employer) and a server on my personal PC - which was happily working with 1.6.3 (both client and server are Win 64bit) I upgraded to 1.7.1 and had the SSL crashes and log explosion so went back to 1.6.3. I've just tried 1.7.3 and none of the crashes happen - but it also doesn't work. Server: [code] DEBUG2: wrote 43 bytes DEBUG2: writef(ILOG%s) DEBUG2: wrote 569 bytes NOTE: accepted client connection DEBUG2: writef(ILOG%s) DEBUG2: sercure Connection established:1830736 DEBUG1: saying hello DEBUG2: writef(Synergy%2i%2i) DEBUG2: wrote 11 bytes NOTE: new client disconnected[/code] Client: [code]WARNING: failed to connect to server: Protocol error from server NOTE: connecting to '192.168.1.142': 192.168.1.142:24800 INFO: crypto mode: cfb WARNING: failed to connect to server: Protocol error from server NOTE: connecting to '192.168.1.142': 192.168.1.142:24800 INFO: crypto mode: cfb[/code] So is it back to 1.6.3 again or is there a magic solution? (I've turned off SSL, since the client won't support it). Ta!
Duncan Lilly
Talking to myself; it looks like the SSL support [i]replaces [/i]the previous bespoke encryption (rather than as an alternative) - so you can't talk to older clients with encryption turned on... Back to 1.6.3 it is then.