Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

cut-paste issues | new 1.7.3 stable

Server is Win 7 Pro box. Client is GNU/Linux (RHEL 7) box. Have been using Synergy to 'connect' the two for *many* years. Did a recent update from 1.7.2 stable -> 1.7.3 stable. Connection (I don't use SSL) fine, but cut-and-paste in either direction stopped. Reverted back to 1.7.2, cut-and-paste worked fine. Tried 1.7.3 again -- same issue. Back to 1.7.2 again -- cut-and-paste functionality restored. Happy to provide more specifics if they'll help.
Brian Enigma
I've run into a similar situation (Win7 server, Ubuntu remote). Copy/paste works from Windows to Linux, but not the other way around. I suppose I'll revert until this issue is figured out.
[quote="Brian Enigma"]I've run into a similar situation (Win7 server, Ubuntu remote). Copy/paste works from Windows to Linux, but not the other way around. I suppose I'll revert until this issue is figured out.[/quote] Similar, but not identical -- in the sense I can't get cut-and-paste to work in either direction. ut, nice to have partial confirmation from someone else with a Win/Linux pairing. Cheers for that.
  • 2 weeks later...
Marc Perry
Anybody on this thread got a workaround/patch/solution/fix for this yet? I am running my server on a Windows 7 64-bit, and my client is on a Mac OS X 10 MacBook Pro. It was working fine and then the cut-and-paste became one-way, so I installed 1.7.3, but I am actually having trouble with the install too.