Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cannot connect to server

After setting up the server following https://symless.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004888708-Getting-started-with-Synergy

I see "fail to get local IP, plz manually.... "

And it says Synergy is running. at the bottom of the window

And I'm stuck on the second step of the client's. There are 3 IP address(cannot find the bold one) on the server window, I tried all of them, and at the bottom was my error msgs.

2. Enter the Servers IP address into the Server IP box. (This is the bold IP address on the servers window)

Below is my error msg:

[2017-07-26T16:03:06] WARNING: failed to connect to server: cannot connect socket: Host is down

[2017-07-26T16:03:07] NOTE: connecting to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx': xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:24800

[2017-07-26T16:03:07] WARNING: failed to connect to server: cannot connect socket: Host is down

[2017-07-26T16:03:08] NOTE: connecting to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx': xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:24800

Edited by TTT
Paul Suarez

Hi @TTT. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Server is 64bit windows, client is MacBook air, I just download Synergy, I assume it's the latest version, both of the machines connect to the same wifi

Paul Suarez

Hi @TTT. One of the main reasons I have asked for the screenshots is for me to check and verify if the IP on each machine is inline for them to be able to communicate. It's not a security risk since almost all of the machines uses private IP addresses when communicating locally.