Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can't install in my surface pro 4

hi, as requested i am submitting my issue in the forum. i have purchased synergy pro and want to connect my laptop and my surface pro 4. however i cant install the software in my surface pro. i would rally like to get it working please help. i am attaching a pic of where i am stuck. thanks 

synergy problem.PNG

Paul Suarez

Please post a screenshot of your dxdiag on your Suraface machine. You can just press the windows button and then type "dxdiag" and hit enter.

• Like 1
Paul Suarez

Hi @Wakil. Sorry for replying a bit late on this. Can you double check that you're in Desktop mode and not on Surface mode when you install Synergy?

To switch from Surface mode to Windows mode by using the on-screen display

1. Press the device's power button once to display an on-screen menu. For information about where the power button is located on your device, see your hardware manufacturer's documentation.

2. Tap Exit Surface Mode.

3. Type the administrator password in the password prompt dialog box by using the on-screen keyboard, and tap Exit Surface Mode. The device returns to the Windows 7 desktop.

To switch from Surface mode to Windows mode by using a keyboard and mouse

1. Connect a keyboard and mouse to the I/O connections on the device.

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, and then click Log off.

3. Log on by using an administrator account. For more information about administrator accounts, see Mode Accounts.

Steps from Technet's Windows Mode and Surface Mode topic.

Hi @Paul Suarez, thanks for your reply, i am using windows 10, and the tablet mode was off, while i was installing. is surface mode a different thing? i really want to use synergy please help me out.

Thanks in advance 

• 9 months later...