Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Win10 to Win10

Two windows 10 PC's.  Multiple monitors on both.

Server/Client say connected.  

Cannot get mouse/focus to change from server to client.

No errors I am aware of.

What should I check?

Thank you!

Paul

Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Server:
Windows 10.0.10586
Syngergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2

Client:
Windows 10.0.10586
Syngergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2

Both connected to LAN via ethernet

Thank you for the help!

Paul

Client.PNG

server config 1.png

server config 2.png

server config 3.png

server.png

Also - My PC lost the ability to paste.  Ctrl+V did not work and neither did right click, paste.  Stopped the synergy server and it works again.  NOW - I am running Mouse Without Boarders until synergy is up and running.  Is that it possibly?  

Edited by PaulnATL
Paul Suarez

Hi @PaulnATL. This could be due to multiple network interfaces each of your machine has. You can follow the steps below to set a primary network interface on each of your machines.

1. On Synergy's user interface, click Edit
  2. Click Settings
  3. Use the IP address of that machine where you want it to listen or look for the other machine, type it in the box next to Interface
  4. Click OK
  5. Click Apply or Start
Paul Suarez

Hey @PaulnATL. Sorry to hear that this continues to be an issue on your end. Can you stop Synergy on both machines and uninstall it on each of your machines. Reboot your machines and then re-install Synergy.

Paul Suarez

Hi @PaulnATL. What do you mean with unable to change screens? Do you mean that when you try to move your mouse cursor to the direction of the other screen, it doesn't enter the other machine's screen?