Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

copy and paste, drag and drop function

jshabetler

I'm having the same problem, I'm using Synergy Pro on 2 Windows 10 computers and in the "configure server\advanced server settings" of Synergy I have "Enable drag and drop file transfers" and "Enable clipboard sharing" both selected.  

Paul Suarez

Hi @Tiffy and @jshabetler. When you try to copy and paste what are you seeing in the logs for both machines? IF you're not seeing anything, please try to set the logging level on both machines to Debug1 and try doing the same thing again.

jshabetler

@Paul Suarez I'm not having the problem with the copy and paste but for the drag and drop I'm getting these two messages in the debug list:

From server computer: [2017-07-25T18:28:21] ERROR: drop file failed: drop target is empty

From client computer: [2017-07-25T18:25:45] DEBUG: failed to get drag file name from OLE

They don't happen at the same time, it's only one or the other

both just in "info", changed to Debug1 now, drag and drop function working now. but now when I try to copy.

[2017-07-29T02:43:02] DEBUG: open clipboard

[2017-07-29T02:43:02] DEBUG: close clipboard

[2017-07-29T02:43:02] DEBUG: ignored screen "TT-ASUS-Z270G" update of clipboard 0 (unchanged)

[2017-07-29T02:43:02] DEBUG: open clipboard

[2017-07-29T02:43:02] DEBUG: close clipboard

[2017-07-29T02:43:02] DEBUG: ignored screen "TT-ASUS-Z270G" update of clipboard 1 (unchanged)

[2017-07-29T02:43:02] DEBUG1: send enter to "TT-IBM-Y500", 1919,435 14 2000

[2017-07-29T02:43:02] DEBUG: dropped bogus delta motion: -963,-105

Paul Suarez

I see. Sorry for the inconvenience @Tiffy We are still doing some changes for this feature to work. Although we have Synergy 2.0 early access Beta that has this function working now. Would you want to try it?

Dear Paul,

I would like to confirm are you meaning copy and paste function on my current version do not support until the 2.0 comes out?

If that so may I know will there any pop up for update. Do you know when will be stable version will be public?

Paul Suarez

Hi @Tiffy. I'm sorry but it might really take time. Please check on the quoted comment below.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:52 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Hey, I'm sorry the drag and drop feature and the scroll buttons aren't working for you.

We're working on improving these features but it'll take a while (probably not until next year). If you'd like a refund please email us: [email protected]

RayCaringal

Yep I'm also getting this problem, I can't drag or drop or paste. When I try and drag and drop it just gives be the DEBUG: failed to get drag file name from OLE on the server but nothing on the client.

• 1 month later...

The main reason I purchased this yesterday was I needed Drag and Drop (or Copy/Paste) functionality (Windows 7 to Windows 7).  You should remove the advert from your front page if it does not work.

• 3 months later...

Using Synergy Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2. Windows 10 Home PC for Server, and Windows 7 Laptop as Client. I managed to get the connection working but I cannot copy and paste, or drag and drop between the two, either way. I've tried changing the logging level to Default1 and disabling SSL to no effect. Have you managed to find a solution to this issue yet?

• 4 months later...