Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

loose ability of mouse and keyboard on other cpu's

Emilio Sorondo
I am up to 506 trys and the only way to connect is to restart the server. When it works, it works great. I seem to loose the ability to use mouse and keyboard every few days. Help FATAL: failed to start server: unable to open screen ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped INFO: backing off, wait=10s, failures=504 INFO: starting new process activeDesktop:Default INFO: starting new process INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to init synwinhk.dll, another program may be using it INFO: restarting your computer may solve this error FATAL: failed to start server: unable to open screen ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped INFO: backing off, wait=10s, failures=505 INFO: watchdog status: error INFO: starting new process activeDesktop:Default INFO: starting new process INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to init synwinhk.dll, another program may be using it INFO: restarting your computer may solve this error FATAL: failed to start server: unable to open screen ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped INFO: backing off, wait=10s, failures=506 INFO: service command updated
Ad van Steenbruggen
I had the same problem, this is what i did: Open the firewall settings Go to advanced settings Click on incomming rules Add a new rule for each executable in the synergy folder Reboot your machine This worked for me, hope it helps.