Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ERROR: failed to get desktop path...

Bryan Jasper
I upgraded to Synergy v1.7.3 on my client and server PC. Both are running Win7x64. Although the mouse and keyboard works on the client PC, I get this error in the Synergy server window: [code]ERROR: failed to get desktop path, no drop target available, error=2[/code] and dragging and dropping (and copy/paste) does not work between computers. Additionally, There are several Bonjour Service errors in the Windows Event Viewer: [code] Error 5/26/2015 1:45:59 PM Bonjour Service 100 None Bad service type in ._synergyClientZeroconf._tcp.local. Application protocol name must be underscore plus 1-15 characters. See <http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html> Error 5/26/2015 1:45:59 PM Bonjour Service 100 None Bad service type in 192.168.1.2._synergyServerZeroconf._tcp.local. Application protocol name must be underscore plus 1-15 characters. See <http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html> [/code] Has anyone seen this before or have suggestions for debugging. Thanks!
Ben Koenig
I think Zeroconf/Bonjour is the thing that allows you to connect network services without having to enter exact IP addresses. Really cool when it works, but it is known to cause issues sometimes. Synergy uses the "Auto Config" option to use this service. Disabling it and entering the server address manually is a real pain, but computers understand it better! Let me know if unchecking Auto config helps at all. As for this: [quote="Bryan Jasper"] [code]ERROR: failed to get desktop path, no drop target available, error=2[/code] [/quote] Rumor has it the Desktop Folder on Windows may not be "real folder". Can you drag and drop to your Downloads folder?
  • 2 years later...